WANTED: Fiber/Cardboard drum for collecting sawdust waste

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
I saw an ad on Craiglist for Free cardboard drums months ago and didnt think I needed one. Now that I have been working on my dust collection setup I see how invaluable they can be. I primarily like the fiber versions since they are so lightweight to begin with and that makes taking sawdust out that much easier.

Does anyone have one they are interested in giving/selling? Or does anyone know a cheap place to get them here in NC? Online they are crazy - $50 for the drum at leas

creasman

Jim
Staff member
Corporate Member
There is a place in Raleigh off of Hwy 401 (just north of intersection with 1010) that sells all sorts of things, one of them being plastic 50-gal drums. At least they used to sell them. I bought one about 12 years ago to use with my DC. I think I paid about $10, but I don't remember for sure. Pretty sure this is the web page, but it's right off of 401: GoSlowTow: Main. It's an interesting place, to say the least.

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
There is a place in Raleigh off of Hwy 401 (just north of intersection with 1010) that sells all sorts of things, one of them being plastic 50-gal drums. At least they used to sell them. I bought one about 12 years ago to use with my DC. I think I paid about $10, but I don't remember for sure. Pretty sure this is the web page, but it's right off of 401: GoSlowTow: Main. It's an interesting place, to say the least.
Thanks, checked their site. About $25 now.

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
Scott- here is the Winston Salem area try Shouse Surplus and Tool. They seem to always have a bunch of drums for sale. Can't recall if they have fiber or just plastic.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I think I got mine from here - free shipping but I don't remember paying over $50 for a 30 gallon drum. Now $65.

I saw Northern Tools had them listed - might use one of their coupons.

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
Thanks all! I have found one through one of our members and I am all set. I may need a pony xpress to get it here though as its in Chapel Hill. Any volunteers to deliver to Winston or possibly meet me in the GSO area?

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Another source is building supply houses that sell cement, and mortar mix. They get "dust down" in them for cleaning floors. I used to get them for free from Lowes, but they now have a floor machine that scrubs the floors. Bakeries get yeast, baking soda, baking powder in the them. Laundries get powdered soap in these also. A day late and a dollar short is the story of my life, and now yours too. Last Thursday, we went from Apex to Winston Salem, with a stop in Greensboro.

mpholway

Board of Directors, Events Director
Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Scott,
Did you ever get your cardboard drum delivered?
Regards,
Matt

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS