Wanted - Cedar Logs

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

Looking for approx 50 - 75 cedar logs, depending on size. If you have some cedar or know where I might be able to locate some, please let me know.

I'm trying to build a large deck around my pool.

Thanks

J

jeff...

Travis I assume you would consider parting with them, I'll drop you a PM to discuss further.

Thanks

Travis Porter said:
Don't have that many, but I do have some that a neighbor cut down and is giving me.

Sweetgum

New User
Brad Keisler
Jeff:

Found this on Woodnet:

Red Cedar Logs and Cant Logs Any Dia, Fresh Cut
Listing #434998 Listed on: 06/09
Listing Type:For Sale Location Pageland, SC Phone:
Category:Other Sale Type:Lumber Dealer Name:Arbor Processing, Inc. Web link:Full Listing at Woodplanet.com Description: Aromatic Eastern Red Cedar
Minimum Quantity: container/truckload
This listing provided courtesy of Woodplanet.com.

J

jeff...

Cedar of any size is getting hard too find, I've been searching for over a week and can only find a few here and there. A couple of sawers in my neck of the woods are having the same problem and have switched to cypress to fufill their orders.

Cypress is more availible and is said to have the same rot / bug resistant characteristics of cedar, minus the smell ofcourse

Matt

New User
Matt Willis
You might try Evergreen Products in Wilmington. They sometimes have cedar logs. Phone is : (910) 762-9156

J

jeff...

I have located and secured enough cedar logs from several differnt sources to rough out my deck. Now I just need to go pick them up and cut them.

Thanks everyone for your assistance.

J

jeff...

Well wouldn't you know it, I've come up short on cedar lumber for the pool deck. Cedar has a lot of taper and face defect, so lumber yield from the log is greatly reduced. I mean just show me a round cedar log :eusa_thin... One good thing is, I'm getting several 4/4 boards from the scrap.

Anyways - I'm looking for more cedar logs. Please let me know if you know where I can pick any up. I'll take them from 8' to 20' long as long and as long as they are at least 10" diameter small end.

Thanks

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
cedar is tough to get good clean boards out of at least in this neck of the woods. The dody spots are the worst especially in large cedars. Ill keep a looksy out. I had a call from someone today selling cedar logs.

J

jeff...

Kyle,

Your right, I'm having a heck of a time just getting clean 6" boards out of some of the cedars I've cut up so far. There's a lot of heart rot in the bigger logs which makes matters worse. I'm feeling like I really did something, if I get just 5-2x6's out of one log. And I'm cutting them at 6/4 not 8/4. :roll: Been lucky so far, only one with barbed wire.

I'll just keep sawing till I have enough...

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors