Wanted Cedar Log or beam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lowlander

New User
Chris
I am looking for a cedar (cypress ok also)log or beam. Dimensions needed are 6-7 feet in length, 10-12 inches in width. If you have something like this or know where I could purchase locally I would like to buy. Any leads will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Chris

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
I've gotten some juniper logs in the 8-10" and around 8' logs from Jack in Rolesville, saw4you on site, and he usually has cedar and cypress as well. I think anything too small to saw he chips for mulch. Check with him and tell him what you need and he'll probably be able to help you out. Scott Smith may also be able to help you out and would be a little closer to you maybe.

Then there's also this if you need more than one and are willing to drive a bit.

HTTH,
B.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
I know someone who had Cyprus beams used in their back porch. He said his contractor sourced them from the "American Woodworkers" yard that is on Hillsborough St in Raleigh, opposite the Fairgrounds (and before Burke Bros Hardware). Call and ask there. Sorry I can't give a proper name of that yard, but I'll bet some searching will get you the right name and number, or someone else here may know the name.

Lowlander

New User
Chris
I contacted Mr. Murdock's, and Henry , I know exactly of the place you mention, I completely forgot about there existence. I will try there also. Thank you.

RobS.

Robert Slone
Senior User
I might have a cedar log that big. I'll check later today. If I do, you can have it for free if you want to make the hour drive.

RobS.

Robert Slone
Senior User
Well, I checked and I only have one that size and it has a split through the middle running down the length of the log.

cheryllewis

New User
cheryl
I am looking for a cedar (cypress ok also)log or beam. Dimensions needed are 6-7 feet in length, 10-12 inches in width. If you have something like this or know where I could purchase locally I would like to buy. Any leads will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Chris

We have western red cedar available at The Hardwood Store of NC. Give us a call!

336-449-9627

www.hardwoodstore.com

Cheryl

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Saw some cedar limbs on the side of the road on the way home in front of a house remodel. Stopped and asked about picking some pieces. Got he okay.

The gentleman said he was cutting the log tomorrow. In the back of the house says a tree stump standing about 8' tall with a base maybe in excess of 24" inches. He's cutting it tomorrow. If you want to come to Greenville, bring some loading assistance. It's on Dickensen Ave. near Memorial Dr.

Lowlander

New User
Chris
Sounds like a great deal in Greenville. Its to far for me to travel today, thank you for responding.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Went by today around 3:00 PM to find some (much) smaller pieces for a project. He had already cleared everything out.

Lowlander

New User
Chris
I just purchased a log from the facility across from the fairgrounds (thanks HenryW). Excellent group of people. Thank you everyone for the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS