Wanted: 8in. Jointer

cmboggs

Chris
User
Before I take the plunge and make an offer on a 6in. jointer, I thought I would see if anyone has an eight inch jointer up for grabs.

I’m pretty flexible on price and condition. Just like to know what is available.

Thanks!

TBoomz

New User
Ron
flexible, huh?
let's see,...you were on crawl. You'd have seen my 8" crescent in the old building. Don't know phase of motor; most likely original - so whatever that would be. Table and fence rusty, [but just from moisture in air] so yeah, needs some cleaning up. Original cylinder head turns freely.
Was thinking maybe...$850?......OBO.... on, the other hand, if you're a look'n for a tabletop, can't help ya.

cmboggs

Chris
User
For that price and the condition, I’ll have to pass Ron. I’d rather not ruin your day with a low offer.

Robb Parker

Robb
Corporate Member
I have an 8" in decent shape. However 3 phase motor and needs switch replacement (runs but use wood shim to hold on) Tables and fence true and in good shape. Motor easily replaced with single phase. Dust collection port included. Maybe $250. Must pick up.

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
Grizzly is having a sale right now. $1625 for 8" helical head with parallelogram bed. Plus whatever shipping costs

tijmt

Jared
User
@Martin Roper and @Grimmy2016. Thanks guys! I looked at grizzly but must have missed the one for $1625. I really prefer the older machines (most of mine are old USA made deltas), but at that price and with a Helical head, it might be hard to pass that up.

Now I need to decide if I get that or a new planer. (currently have the dewalt DW735) Maybe I will make that a new thread!

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Grizzly G0656P - $1000 (North Charleston)

1572986130671.png

He might have some wiggle room in that price.

tijmt

Jared
User
@Martin Roper Thanks for showing it to me! If it were closer I would definitely ask. Unfortunately, I don't have a truck. By the time I paid for a rental to get over there I would likely price myself out!

cmboggs

Chris
User
Just a quick update, I’ve found a jointer that needs a little TLC and is with in my budget. Once I get it all set up I’ll post a few photos.

However, since this seems to be a good thread for posting 8in. jointers for sale I’m going to leave it up.

Thanks to all who helped with the search.

tijmt

Jared
User
I talked to Devin (the guy who has the shop fox above) and someone really should pick it up. I realized after talking to him just how long the new jointers are. I measured it out in my shop and I think I need to stick to a shorter bed.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS