Want to borrow - LPG leak detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Does anybody in the RDU area have one that I can borrow for a few days? My kitchen stove has a small propane leak somewhere in it and I'd like to track it down.

New these sell for about $150.00; if I can't borrow one I'll buy one - just trying to save some $.

Please send me a PM if you have one that I can use.

Thanks.

Scott

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Well, based upon the non-response to my enquiry it appears that I will soon be the proud owner of a new combustible gas leak detector...

Let me know if anybody needs to borrow it.

Scott

J

jeff...

Well, based upon the non-response to my enquiry it appears that I will soon be the proud owner of a new combustible gas leak detector...

Let me know if anybody needs to borrow it.

Scott

Scott you know if I had one - it would be your while you needed it - I used soapy water to find the leaks on the propane tank only had 3 of them :roll:

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Thanks Jeff (and I owne you a call back from your voicemail earlier -yes I'm back in town...)

The leak on my stove is so small that the soap bubbles don't work very well. What the heck - I'm like Travis and in Tool purchase withdrawl...

SS

J

jeff...

I'm like Travis and in Tool purchase withdrawl...

SS

:rotflm: Yes you are

Is you kiln going to be open in the next week or two? we should figure out which day Saturday or Sunday - you would like to stack and sticker - there's going to be a lot to stick.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Yup, it will be open. We ought to pass on this weekend though -sounds like we'll have LOTS of rain.

SS

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Well, the UPS tool fairy delivery guy dropped off my new combustible gas sniffer on Friday, and I used it for the first time this afternoon. It works incredibly well - detecting a concentration as low as 50 parts per million! It looks like I have a leak inside the range, so I'll need to flip it over and take it partially apart in order to track it down.

It's available in the event that anybody in the RDU area needs to borrow one.

Scott

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Scott, thanks for the very generous offer. I hope nobody will need it.

J

jeff...

When I lived in IL the gas company had one of those gas sniffers on a truck - it appeared to be a gas leak but was nothing more than a BBQ (Brat and Sausage) party on the other street. :gar-La;

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Thanks Jeff (and I owne you a call back from your voicemail earlier -yes I'm back in town...)

The leak on my stove is so small that the soap bubbles don't work very well. What the heck - I'm like Travis and in Tool purchase withdrawl...

SS

WHATTT!!!!!!! What does that mean?????:gar-Bi

I have been grounded on tool purchases......... I got reminded how much I have spent on tools this year. I believe I will be subsiding a bit for a few months.....:nah:

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
I have been grounded on tool purchases......... I got reminded how much I have spent on tools this year. I believe I will be subsiding a bit for a few months.....:nah:

Yeah Right:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:.

Maybe on gigantic tools:dontknow:, but keeping you from buying tools is like keeping a stallion in a fence, eventually both of you are going to break out.

Jimmy:mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS