Walnut Winding Sticks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmy

New User
Tim
Squaring stock is possible without these, but these should help a lot. So far I've made a 16" set and also a 12" set. I think I want to make a 26" set to finish it off, but I don't have a log that long to split down. Filmed a video making these. Click here for the video. As also any tips are always welcome.
winding sticks.jpg

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
When you get to be an old fart like me, you'll want to paint one of them white to better see the contrast. Looks good with pretty straight grain.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I was also going to suggest making one white for contrast. Must be something about old eyes I guess. Maybe just put a strip of Melamine edge banding on one of them.

Timmy

New User
Tim
Would you put a strip across the entire top or just a small section? I haven't seen any with an entire op difference, that is why i have just the dowel inlay.IMG_20170106_221416_516.jpg

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'd probably put it across the entire top to keep the edge even and continuous. Haven't ever tried that - it's just something that popped into my head when I was looking at your pictures. Nice sticks, BTW.

Timmy

New User
Tim
I'd probably put it across the entire top to keep the edge even and continuous. Haven't ever tried that - it's just something that popped into my head when I was looking at your pictures. Nice sticks, BTW.

Thanks. My next goal is to make a box with some of the same logs. Maybe a serving tray as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS