Walnut slab benches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchwood

New User
Don
A couple years ago, Mr.SCSmith42 was showing me these beautiful walnut natural edge in his back-room stash...and about 30 seconds later they were in my truck.:)

CIMG4929.JPG

Finally got around to making something with them. I kept the base design pretty simple so as not to detract from the beauty of the tops. Base walnut courtesy of JimmyC..thanks Jimmy.

DSCN0654.JPG

DSCN0656.JPG

DSCN06771.JPG

DSCN0678.JPG

DSCN0684.JPG

Nature does all the hard work..us woodworkers just get the chance to show it.:gar-Bi

Don

Touchwood

New User
Don
They are beautiful :thumbs_up

Are they to be left [STRIKE]unguarded [/STRIKE]outside?

No Joe...indoors only with the tung-oil finish (hopefully watched over:))

I really don't have adequate space to shoot larger pieces..so the outdoors works best for me.
Only problem is the sun angle this time of year.

Thanks for looking

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I knew I should have kept those. At least they went to someone who did them justice. You really brought out the beauty of those slabs.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
I knew I should have kept those. At least they went to someone who did them justice. You really brought out the beauty of those slabs.

Mike, don't feel bad - some of the planks were honeycombed pretty badly. At least they finally dried through the case hardening.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Scott,

I don't feel bad. You really helped me out of a bind and if not for you I never would have found how much I like Sapele.

Touchwood

New User
Don
Hey Mr. Don, what joinery did you use for the legs to the bench?

Hey Mr.Gary..I just kicked a hole in the uprights and shoved those laterals thru..:gar-La;

Glad to see you're up and about. Which benches are you referring to? (Oak or Walnut)Doesn't matter, I described the general construction in an earlier post called "Natural Edge Benches" and it's basically the same.

If you want I can PM you a step by step...but if you look in my gallery at that album you can pretty much see the process.

Let me know and I will provide:wsmile:

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS