Walnut banjo

Status
Not open for further replies.

danw

New User
dan
watch
Here's another banjo from figured walnut. Ebony parts. Still working on the finish, so no completed pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    347.2 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    531.4 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    402.5 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    324.2 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    363.8 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    417.9 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 65

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Super looking. So you don't have to put a stretched cover on the top of a banjo? Tone rings - curious about them. Do they add significantly to the build cost / complexity? I know they add significantly to the price of a manufactured instrument.

danw

New User
dan
Super looking. So you don't have to put a stretched cover on the top of a banjo? Tone rings - curious about them. Do they add significantly to the build cost / complexity? I know they add significantly to the price of a manufactured instrument.
Tone rings are only for traditional head banjos. Its just a metal hoop. This is built like an archtop guitar. A tone ring would do nothing for it. What makes it a banjo is how it is tuned and played more than how it should be built. Lets see if this video works. This is played acoustically with no electronics.
walnut banjo

Last edited:

W Burton

New User
Bill
That is really amazing. I never thought of a banjo with a wooden head. Beautiful wood selection and fantastic detail. And it sounds good too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS