Walnut and Maple Night Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Here's the most recent product of my rather non-productive shop.

DSC02778.JPG

DSC02779.JPG

The maple is some of Jeff's that I've gotten from NCPete (top) and MikeH (drawer front and lower shelf). Thanks guys!
The walnut is from a buddy. It's wood his grandpa had sawn up years and years ago.

I still need to put a pull on the front of the drawer.

Thanks for looking!!

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Phillip, that turned out very nice. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up What really stood out to me was the heavier roundover on the bottom of the top. That's a cool touch. :wink_smil I feel ya on the inactive shop thing. I'm glad one of us is making stuff. :gar-La;

thewoodeye

New User
woodeye
:kermit: The table looks great ... also you have a lot of history in those pieces of wood. Think about putting a pocket under the top that contains some of the history. Years from now that information will be exciting to the finder.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Thanks everyone!

That's a great idea Woodeye, I'll have to write something on the underside of the table top!

AAAndrew

New User
Andrew
Nice job. What's the construction of the lower shelf?

And if you're going to write a little history, might I suggest the traditional place to do it is on the underside of the drawer. You'll often find writing there on old pieces. A common thing to find is a list of the names of all of the owners of the piece. It's also a little easier to just pull out the drawer than flip the whole piece over. But wherever you've got the room and the inclination.

Keep on being productive. It makes the rest of us look bad. :icon_thum

DavidF

New User
David
Very nice Philip, looks pretty sturdy, should stand the test of time. Don't forget to put you name and a date on it as well.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Andrew...the whole construcion is, dare I say it?, pocket screws. I needed something quick and easy to wet my appetite again. The last, and only other, piece of furniture I've built was the crib for my son and it took so long to finish I think it was putting me off from starting another piece.

Thanks all for the comments! I'm pretty happy with the way it came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS