wall hanging *pic*

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhett

New User
rhett
This was a weekend project I put together. Mainly to have more pretty wood to look at in my home. The construction is straight forward, keyed miters and half lap joints. I tried to incorporate the golden mean through out the piece. It is curly maple/cherry. The finish is an orange oil and beeswax blend. Thanks for looking. Any critiques are welcome, I am very comfortable with constructive criticism, It makes me a better artisian/craftsman.

Attachments

• wall1.jpg
    wall1.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 173
  • wall2.jpg
    wall2.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 192

pslamp32

New User
Peter
Awesome! Could you tell me how many board feet that project took? Thanks! Again, awesome! :eusa_clap

rhett

New User
rhett
Since I already had all the wood I don't know for sure, couldn't be more than 10bdf of cherry and not even 2 bdf of maple.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Rhett, you weren't kidding that is some SILLY curly Maple 8-O 8-O 8-O
How did you attach or hang it from the wall?
I like the style :icon_thum

Dave:)

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I like it a lot. :icon_thum

I tried to invoke Fibonacci on a past slat bed project but it was shot down by SWMBO.

Chuck

rhett

New User
rhett
Dave and Tom
The piece is hung with pocket hole slots. It is the same idea that won me 75$ from popular woodworking. Use a kreg jig with a standard 3/8 drill bit and the stop collar off the stepped bit. This keeps the pilot hole from coming out the top. Makes an excellent recess to catch a screw head and allows pieces to sit flush to the wall.

Big Mike

New User
Mike
Rhett, that is pretty work. I love the simplicity of the design and the way it displays the beauty of the wood. It sure would look good with some beautiful Dale Chihuly art glass displayed on it. Of course it looks good empty. Nice work!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dave and Tom
The piece is hung with pocket hole slots. It is the same idea that won me 75$ from popular woodworking. Use a kreg jig with a standard 3/8 drill bit and the stop collar off the stepped bit. This keeps the pilot hole from coming out the top. Makes an excellent recess to catch a screw head and allows pieces to sit flush to the wall.

I can see why it got you $75 from Pop. Ww'ing as a top tip. That a dang good idea :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors