Walking stick pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volksdad

New User
Glen
Here's the walking stick that I have been working on. I finally finished the details and painted it.

I usually just carve whatever I feel like out of my head, once in a while I look at photos ( as in the turtle head).

image146.jpg

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showphoto.php?photo=74785

Last edited:

llucas

luke
Senior User
VERY Kool! Almost too nice to use walking!...What kind of wood is it? Thanks for sharing.

Volksdad

New User
Glen
Very cool....the face below the turtle head looks like a self-protrait!

Thanks!

Well there is personal meaning to the stick. The turtle head is symbolic of North Carolina, they nest here on the coast. It is one of the many things that I love about the place I call home. The stick figure is a Taino petroglyph from Puerto Rico. It represents the Coqui, a small tree frog that lives on the island and has a LOUD call. It symbolizes my heritage. The face is meant to represent how I feel when hiking. So yeah, its a kind of self portrait.

Volksdad

New User
Glen
Very nice, I am jealous of your carving and painting skills. :)

To be honest, I was a bit embarrassed posting it here. We have so many unbelievably talented woodworkers that I have not posted anything that I have worked on. I always LOVE seeing the pictures everyone else shares, though so I decided to join the fun.

Volksdad

New User
Glen
Very nice work! :icon_thum The Coqui are certainly very loud and memorable for sure!!

B
Once you've heard them you never forget! I spent a lot of time as a kid looking for them, never realized they were just a tiny little frog. I thought for SURE i was looking for something BIG! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS