Voting is open for the 2008 Calendar contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

New User
Monty
Voting for the 2008 Calendar contest is now open! Before you vote, please take a moment to read through this entire post so your vote will count as much as possible.

First of all, please remember this is both a woodworking AND a photography contest. A beautiful piece of work should not be used if the picture itself is not of reasonable quality. This means that each submittal must have reasonable quality in the following areas:
  • Focus
  • Composition
  • Lighting

So please click on each of the photos so you can see it full-size before you vote (just click the full-size pic again to get back to where you were). This will take a little longer, but it will give you a good idea about focus, and how good the picture will look when printed on the calendar.

The PhotoPost gallery software that we use has a very crude voting & rating system, so we're making the best of it. We will use two different voting methods - one for the monthly entries, and one for the cover contest.

Monthly Entries

Here you are asked to simply go through all 65 images and give each image a rating. You'll see the rating choices under each picture. Basically, you are rating each picture from 1 to 10. A 10 (excellent) is a picture you definitely want to see in the calendar and a 1 (poor) is a picture that you definitely don't want in the calendar. The numbers in between are just shadings between those two extremes. Click the little circle to indicate your choice (don't click on the words poor or excellent), and then click SUBMIT at the bottom. Your vote is not recorded until you click submit! Please DO NOT enter anything in the comment box - just select your vote and click submit.​

EDIT: Actually, if you select one of the entries next to "Quick Ratings", your vote will be cast immediately and you don't have to click on submit. Click carefully, though - you won't be able to change your vote!

Cover Entries

This is much more simple, since we will only be choosing ONE cover. After carefully viewing ALL FOUR of the choices, go back to the page that has the thumbnails and click on the vote link under the thumbnail of your choice. You only get one vote for the cover.

In order to give everyone a chance to vote (believe it or not, SOME people don't visit the forum EVERY DAY!!!), the voting will be left open for the whole week and will close on Sunday November 4, at 12:00 noon.

Last edited:

Big Mike

New User
Mike
Monty, I find no way to access the ratings and enter a number for voting. Maybe I am having another senior moment but I don't know how to vote.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Monty, I find no way to access the ratings and enter a number for voting. Maybe I am having another senior moment but I don't know how to vote.

You are not alone Mike------------the voting option is not showing up on my screen either.:eusa_doh:

Jerry

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Have you tried the cover voting yet??? I was able to place my vote for that just now, but I am also unable to vote for the monthly entries. :(

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
If you voted before 8:15 Monday for the Cover entry, please go back and do it again.... and DON'T HIT the RESET VOTE COUNTS bar. DAMHIKT.

Last edited by a moderator:

Monty

New User
Monty
Dang it... I hate when that happens! Try again now...

Looks like we're off to a great start!!! :roll: :lol::lol::lol:

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
I was able to get the Cover voting started around 8ish, but am not sure what's up with the monthly voting. I'll keep looking.

Chris

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
K, it looks like Steve was able to get the voting working. When you click on the thumbnail picture, you can find the voting at the bottom of the page with the closeup image. Please post if you are not seeing it...thx

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
This may help.. First click on the Photo gallery link along the top...

Then scroll down and find the 2008 banner

Then click on the project entries.

You will see the list of entries. open any entry, and scroll down to the bottom. You will see a rating that looks like this:

What it boils down to is that the more you rate it towards excellent is the more you want to see it in the calendar. The farther to the left you rate it means that you don't want to see it in the calendar.

You should rate each picture in this manner

It is important that you rate each picture in this manner because of the rating system.

Monty.. feel free to edit this to make it more clear.

Last edited:

Monty

New User
Monty
You have to click on the image thumbnail to vote on that image. When the image is open, look down at the bottom of the page. Once you have voted on the first image, click on the "NEXT" image icon (at the top -- looks like this:
control_fastforward.png
) to get to the next image. This will save you from having to go to the thumbnails each time.

gator

George
Corporate Member
I Can't Do It

I Can't Do It, I Can't Do It. Not because the voting isn't working but that the decision(s) are too much for an old brain like mine. They are all too good, how do you expect someone to choose twelve, much less one. I vote for a 65 month year!!!

George

Monty

New User
Monty
Re: I Can't Do It

I couldn't agree more - we definitely have some real woodworking talent in our midst.

J

jeff...

Well I voted and it was harder than November elections, nice work everyone :icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors