Volunteers needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Jim Mauldin ( jmauldin Used to be Jim in Mayberry)
has asked to be request some help to organize and price his tools and lumber for a sale.

He had hip replacement last year and has never fully recovered, he can't stand for very long and really hurts to walk.

If you can come to Mt. Airy this Saturday or maybe next Saturday to help clean out and organize his tools for a sale it would be much appreciated.

This saddens me greatly, Jim is a great wood worker and a close friend.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Mike, I can't do it this Saturday (19th). If we don't do the second Learning Workshop next Saturday (26th) I can do it then. Let's talk tomorrow at lunch.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Mike, I can swing up to Mt Airy Saturday APR19. Just need directions & time to show up. Do I need to bring anythng other than a pair fo gloves, and strong back?

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Bill and I are going to talk at lunch and decide what to do.

We may wait til next week. I forgot this is Easter weekend.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
We will meet in Mt. Airy next Saturday at 10 am.

I will PM the address later in the week.

Bring cash and a pickup if you need tools or wood.

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
Pardon the OT reply, but I searched on 'swing' and 'lathe swing' and checked the 'lobby' trying to get an answer about what a 12" swing means in reference to a wood turning lathe. A friend bought a lathe and was told it was a 12" swing. And, when I sent him a Google thing that said it meant a 12" diameter piece could be turned, he replied that 'no way' could he get a twelve-inch diameter chunk of wood in the lathe he bought.

I figured that the seller may have prevaricated or been confused himself and thought to ask here to see if anyone could provide a definitive answer I might forward to my friend. Charles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS