Vise donation to raffle

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
We will be using this newly-built vise in the workshop tomorrow. Then, it will be donated to NCWW for next year’s picnic raffle.
66A33932-ED5D-492C-AFB7-DC2530D581B5.jpeg

I was inspired to make this donation by @Graywolf donating tuned-up saws to the last two raffles.

Hoping that my donation will inspire others to make donations of some of their work to next year’s raffle.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thank you very much. I know who ever wins it will be delighted. And we as a group are honored by your generosity, not only for the vise but your time in doing these workshops.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Mike, just like Richard's saws the vise will be a wonderful addition to the prize menu! Thank you!

RedBeard

Burns
Corporate Member
What is that piece of cork rubber on the side for? I did the first class last summer and don’t remember seeing that before.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
What is that piece of cork rubber on the side for? I did the first class last summer and don’t remember seeing that before.
If I had to guess, it’s for when you slip it into your face vise or leg vise. A little extra gripping power.

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
Makes sense. Thanks.

This vise design does have quite a few parts if you count them individually. None are redundant and a few serve more than one purpose. Maybe not exactly minimalist but that was my goal.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS