VFD's... anyone?

Rob in NC

Rob
Senior User
I have three VFD's currently. One on each of my 2x72 belt grinders and another on a disc grinder.
I noticed lately that the revers switch on the VFD will not stay put. The grinder will run in reverse if I hold the switch down, but will not stay down as it does in the forward position.

Does anyone have any experience in wiring VFD's who may be able to assist? I've not opened it up yet to check for a short, just wanted to have someone knowledgeable to talk with before I open her up.

Thanks.

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Have you checked the programming manual? There may be a setting for momentary reverse.

You make any programming or wiring changes recently, even seemingly unrelated?

-Mark

Rob in NC

Rob
Senior User
Thanks for the reply. This came pre-wired with the grinder and unfortunately the company isnt being responsive. I had made any changes to it. When I got this, I briefly tested it and it appeared to work just fine... and then I was in the midst of having my other workshop built and so I didnt use this grinder for several months. I'm not sure this model is programmable. It's the same (or similar) as this
KBAC-27D Gray KB Electronics 115/230 VAC 1f Input
I suppose I just need to man up, read the manual and tear into this.
I wish I could recall if I tested both forward and reverse a year or so ago when I got it, but I just dont know.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Rob, I work with VFDs almost every day at work. I can probably help you out. Where are you located? Or can you bring it to my shop in Chapel Hill? I'll send you a PM with my number so we can talk.
Michael

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS