Veterans Can Access US Military Online Exchange Nov 11, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Not really woodworking but if you meet the criteria you can start shopping the online exchange beginning this Veteran's Day. This doesn't include free standing stores on base and is limited. Details here: https://www.shopmyexchange.com/veterans . Be sure to register with the Vet Verify link ahead of time. Mine took a few minutes to do last week but I've heard other vets complaining about it taking a while when this first got started. Free shipping on >$49 purchase and no state sales tax.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Thanks for sharing this.

Took about 1 second for the site to verify me. Looking forward to receiving emails about this.

nn4jw

New User
Jim
Site couldn't verify me, unfortunately. Had to mail some stuff in. Guess my data hasn't been digitized yet.

Thanks for posting this.

Colin Helms

Colin
User
Site couldn't verify me either. Told me to try again after Sept. 30th. Will try again later!

Thanks for posting this information.

Tom from Clayton

tom
Corporate Member
I got the clay tablet thing too. Same thing happened with the VA when I applied for disability. Guess I'm not going to follow up on this. I have heard the prices aren't all the great so it isn't worth the time and aggravation.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Thank you Mark for posting the link. I knew it was coming, but didn't know how I would have access to it. Fortunately, my records were carved in the older stone, which is more durable than the clay tablets; I was approved within a nano-second.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Sorry some of you are having problems. Joe you pre-dated ssn's didn't you? :rotflm:
As far as the pricing...I can't see the pricing on everything in the online store but the prices I see on some items in the sales flyers for the base exchanges are at or below what I'm paying now. Take away sales tax and deliver it for free and it looks much better. The fact that Amazon or Malwart doesn't get a piece of the action is the icing on the cake for me. Hopefully their site and business system will survive the sudden rush but I won't be surprised if it's closer to the New Year before they're 100%.

nn4jw

New User
Jim
I predate SSN's as service numbers and Joe is a few years older than me. But I guess it's when you served and not age that determines thst. (65-69)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS