Vessel sink removal

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
I have a vessel sink mounted on top of a wooden vanity I need to remove. I have removed the top( with vessel attached) from the vanity. Thank goodness I used case construction when I made our 2 vanities. I was going to try and do this without removing the vessels. The sides of the vessels slope out so the area I would have to hand sand is significant.

The vessel is secured to the wood with caulking. The wood is cherry and I really do not want to damage it. If I break the vessel I will have to buy 2 new ones.

I have to refinish both tops so if I screw up it could become expensive.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I had to search for "vessel sinks" to find out what they are. A few pictures would be helpful.

I have a vessel sink mounted on top of a wooden vanity I need to remove.

Why do they have to be removed? 2 separate vanities with a vessel sink?

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
guitar string was the winner, thanks for the tip, never would have thought of using it

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
I had to search for "vessel sinks" to find out what they are. A few pictures would be helpful.

Why do they have to be removed? 2 separate vanities with a vessel sink?
I did not know what a vessel was until my wife bought them. There are 2 free standing vanities on opposite walls each with a vessel. Solvent was spilled on one top. They are over 5 years old so I am sure the color has aged is the reason I am doing both vanities. The guitar string worlked.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I did not know what a vessel was until my wife bought them. There are 2 free standing vanities on opposite walls each with a vessel. Solvent was spilled on one top. They are over 5 years old so I am sure the color has aged is the reason I am doing both vanities. The guitar string worked.
KISS principle at it' best. In my plumbing days, we would cut PVC sewer pipe in the trench using a piece of nylon string, with a couple handles on it. Key was to never STOP string in cut, as PVC would weld itself to string. Oately made some fancy "store bought" ones that were nothing but braided SS fishing leaders with handles

Reactions: Oka

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
I remember those. My plumbing division guys think the only tool that will ever work is a cordless band saw

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS