VERY upset at the loss of this resource!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Many of you hand tool users are probably familiar with Wiktor Kuc and his site;

http://www.wkfinetools.com/

He is shutting it down July 31!
So if you haven't seen it - jump on quickly

I have "meet" (on-line) a lot of people through the site and learned a lot!

It is time to say Goodbye!It’s been thirteen years since I started this website in July 2005. It was, in many ways, an interesting and satisfying project for me.
I met many interesting people, and some of them became contributors to this website. I also learned a lot about old woodworking tools, their history, and use. The site was also a platform for me to continue and publish my research about the history of various industries and toolmaking companies.
However, it is time for me to close the doors and take this website offline. There are various reasons for this decision, too many to discuss here. This site will go dark on July 31, 2018.
Thanks,
Wiktor A. Kuc

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
You have to wonder why he wouldn't pass it along to someone else.
yes,
I don't' know the reason, I expect to find out at a later date...
Things like this always come out...
I thought the cost of upkeep, but I doubt it.
Then, I thought of a conflict with something (another person, another site etc.) but that can be worked out...

I am really shocked to not hear more of an outcry from contributors to the site as there are a LOT of step-by-step builds... some that are simply amazing by Jim Hendricks
Hopefully they will be cataloged elsewhere!

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm not sure what the story is, I got and email from him last week when he announced he was closing the site. He hasn't responded to any questions that I know of as of yet.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm not sure what the story is, I got and email from him last week when he announced he was closing the site. He hasn't responded to any questions that I know of as of yet.
What worries me the most is a health condition or a family crisis!

tdukes

New User
Eddie
I wonder what it would cost to host the archive and if he would be amenable to that.

It wouldn't cost very much if anything. I have a Godaddy account with unlimited bandwidth and data storage. Could easily setup a sub domain. NCWW probably could also.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
Many of you hand tool users are probably familiar with Wiktor Kuc and his site;

http://www.wkfinetools.com/

He is shutting it down July 31!
So if you haven't seen it - jump on quickly

I have "meet" (on-line) a lot of people through the site and learned a lot!

It is time to say Goodbye!It’s been thirteen years since I started this website in July 2005. It was, in many ways, an interesting and satisfying project for me.
I met many interesting people, and some of them became contributors to this website. I also learned a lot about old woodworking tools, their history, and use. The site was also a platform for me to continue and publish my research about the history of various industries and toolmaking companies.
However, it is time for me to close the doors and take this website offline. There are various reasons for this decision, too many to discuss here. This site will go dark on July 31, 2018.
Thanks,
Wiktor A. Kuc
Hank that is an amazing site. My first visit. Sad to see that go.

Dan

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
There are tools out there that allow you to download an entire website. While perhaps not perfect, might be good enough if you plan to use this for offline use & personal reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS