Valentine for my bride

Status
Not open for further replies.

gritz

New User
Robert
This Pine gall was found by my wife on a hike last year. As a valentines gift, I mounted it on another half Pine Gall, which I turned as a base. I also added turned ebony eyes. The breast was wire brushed, and the back was oiled with walnut oil. Other than that, both pieces are as-found. My eyes won't allow much detail work, so don't be to critical about the eyes.
I couldn't get the image to load in my photos, so this is directly from my computer and I could not get it to post vertically even though I rotated it on my computer. That tells me the issue is in the posting code.

IMG_1759.jpg

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
This Pine gall was found by my wife on a hike last year. As a valentines gift, I mounted it on another half Pine Gall, which I turned as a base. I also added turned ebony eyes. The breast was wire brushed, and the back was oiled with walnut oil. Other than that, both pieces are as-found. My eyes won't allow much detail work, so don't be to critical about the eyes.
I couldn't get the image to load in my photos, so this is directly from my computer and I could not get it to post vertically even though I rotated it on my computer. That tells me the issue is in the posting code.

View attachment 18723
All to common of a problem but I fixed it for you. Very cool pine gall.

uploadfromtaptalk1455571643364.jpg

"When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years." - Mark Twain

Jeff

New User
Jeff
The breast was wire brushed, and the back was oiled with walnut oil. Other than that, both pieces are as-found.

That is really a neat project. Just curious. How did you folks envision the "raw" burl turning into an owl?

gritz

New User
Robert
[/COLOR]
That is really a neat project. Just curious. How did you folks envision the "raw" burl turning into an owl?

When my wife found it in the woods she said it looked like an owl. That was enough of a hint for a sentient man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors