Vacuum Press

wsrhue

wyattspeightrhue
User
Does anyone have experience making a vacuum press flip-top frame table? I am making one without plans using standard t-slotted framing from McMaster Carr. I have used a vacuum press before that was made from a kit. The Polyurethane membrane used on the kits has a 6" box joint formed into the membrane. The membrane that I have is a flat sheet. I'm having trouble cleanly attaching the membrane at the corners to the t-slotted frame. The best I have come up with is a sloppy darted box joint like wrapping a present. is it possible to form the corners? I'm afraid I have already ruined the membrane.

Attachments

• IMG_2744.jpeg
    IMG_2744.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 185

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
First of all I really admire the detail that went into the table frame - nice piece of furniture. I can't answer your question, my guess would be to glue it to itself. Another idea to avoid the corners is to create a fold in the middle on both axis, assuming that whatever you press won't be so large as to go corner to corner this should work.

wsrhue

wyattspeightrhue
User
First of all I really admire the detail that went into the table frame - nice piece of furniture. I can't answer your question, my guess would be to glue it to itself. Another idea to avoid the corners is to create a fold in the middle on both axis, assuming that whatever you press won't be so large as to go corner to corner this should work.
Thanks, I have a couple projects in mind that will need the space

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
Might call vacupress.com - since they sell tables and custom bags they may be able to answer your questions.

Woodmolds

Tony
User
Does anyone have experience making a vacuum press flip-top frame table? I am making one without plans using standard t-slotted framing from McMaster Carr. I have used a vacuum press before that was made from a kit. The Polyurethane membrane used on the kits has a 6" box joint formed into the membrane. The membrane that I have is a flat sheet. I'm having trouble cleanly attaching the membrane at the corners to the t-slotted frame. The best I have come up with is a sloppy darted box joint like wrapping a present. is it possible to form the corners? I'm afraid I have already ruined the membrane.

Nice looking table. I built mine from plans at Joe Woodworker for flat panels(about 3'X7' max). Lots of good info there. If you have any questions shoot Joe an email and he will help.

Tony

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS