Vacuum Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodnick

New User
Nick
What is the best material to use on a face plate when using it as a vacuum chuck Thanks Nick

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I used a piece of clicklock flooring left over from my kitchen. It had a rubber backing on it and worked well. I put a plastic bowl on it to check it out and it not only held tight but it collapsed the bowl!:rotflm: I mounted it on a 6" faceplate and drilled a 1" hole in the center to allow the air to be sucked out of it. I made it 9 1/2" round to fit my mini lathe. The mini is gone but I still have the pump and will adapt it to my full sized lathe someday.:embaresse

erasmussen

RAS
Corporate Member
I used a piece of clicklock flooring left over from my kitchen. It had a rubber backing on it and worked well. I put a plastic bowl on it to check it out and it not only held tight but it collapsed the bowl!:rotflm: I mounted it on a 6" faceplate and drilled a 1" hole in the center to allow the air to be sucked out of it. I made it 9 1/2" round to fit my mini lathe. The mini is gone but I still have the pump and will adapt it to my full sized lathe someday.:embaresse

Hey thats the same thing I used
Small world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS