Using Table Top Drill Press

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwg426

New User
Doug
Hi Guys,

I am in the process of building two sets of bunkbeds. So I have a lot of holes to drill. I have a table top drill press and was wanting some advice on a couple things.

1. The best way to secure the drill press to the bench. I have plenty of bench and work table
space made from 3/4 plywood.

2. Making a table top to bolt on to the drill press.

Thanks in advance for any ideas and suggestions.

Doug

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Hi there Doug.

Most drill presses have elongated holes in the drillpress base which would allow you to bolt it to a hard surface - ie benchtop or to the floor/mobile base. I would secure it to your benchtop with 3/8" - 1/2" bolts.

If you are contemplating making a auxiliary table for your drillpress, have a look at few pictures of one that I completed last year for my Steelcity DP. It is about 18" x 30", but you could alter the size to fit your own application. Link to the album pics.....

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showgallery.php?cat=1627

HTH

Wayne

Jim Roche

jim
User
Robert-
Until you decide on the final placement of your drill press, you may want to secure your drill press to a piece of wood larger than the base of your drill press with fairly large screws, nuts and washers. I would probably double up on the wood so it is rigid and then you could clamp it down to your work bench. If you clamp it on the corner, you could use some clamps on the side too.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS