Using a Porter-Cable 4212 Jig with different routers

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgtdave

New User
Dave
I have a PC 4212 dovetail - fingerjoint jig. It comes with bushings for a PC router. Anybody use one with a different router. What do you do about bushings. The instructions say you must use a base that holds the P-C bushings.

I have a Bosch 1617EVS and a larger Craftsman pro router. Can I use the bushings that I have for the 1617EVS or do I really need a sub-base that will allow use of the P-C bushings?

I would like any help you might offer.

jimwill48

James
Have same router. You can use the Bosch bushings if its the same size as the P/C bushing. Or get the P/C bushing adapter.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Most DT jigs require a specific bushing and bit. They're part of the geometry that includes the guide fingers to make the precise cuts for success.
PC template bushings are the type that screw into specially sized holes in the router sub base. Replacement sub bases are generally available too.

sgtdave

New User
Dave
Joe,

Thanks fo rthe info. I am aware of the need but I can't find a source for a sub base for my router that will accommodate the PC Bushings.

I had a an older craftsman jig that worked OK but I had a sub base that worked with that bushing.

Finding a source for the Bosch router is hard.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
PC bushings are the industry standard. Most likely Pat Warner makes a base for your router that accepts PC bushings. Bosch also makes an adapter plate.

sgtdave

New User
Dave
Joe,

Thanks. I found everything I need.
Too bad I don't live in Fuquay now. We would almost be neighbors. Left there 5 yrs ago.

sgtdave

New User
Dave
Hello hello hello....

I have reopened this thread t otake time to let you know the results of my search and quest for information.

I read the last two posts from Joe and junquecol and took a look at the web links suggested. First, I need to explain that I am a retired computer professional with really good savy about search engines and using the Internet. I thought I knew all the right ways t osearch for what I want to find. Wll - I just learend that sometimes you don't ask for th eright info anf no matter how smart the search engine is you don't get the answer you NEED!

It gets worse. I looke up the adapter on the Rockler web site as sugested and found the RA1100 Bosch adapter.

Are you ready for it...

Really really ready ???

The picture of the RA1100 is exactly the same as the RA1100 that came with my Bosch bushing kit. Oh yes - I actually had the part. I didn't know what it was. There are no instructions in my bushing kit. I tried it - it fits just grand!!!!!

As I sit and bang my head on the desk - I still take time to thank you for your help. And to fess up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS