User ID help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

b4man

New User
Barbara
We have a donation that only gives the IP address. I searched in the Mod. user search as I had done once before but this time no info was found.

Could someone ID this donor for me?

Transaction was 09/08.

TIA

me

cskipper

Cathy
I know that you guys have, in the past, identified problem posters by IP address and/or blocked someone by IP address. Can you use that method to identify the user Barbara is looking for?

cskipper

Cathy
I think she wanted to avoid having to make that post. I looked at the Davidson county folks and it looks like 4 users (5 counting Nick) have been on the site since 9/8. I sent her those user names.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
No way to identify the one that came in today either. I would watch paypal for those anonymous amounts and show them as anonymous.

b4man

New User
Barbara
OK, I've PM'd the suspected donors with no luck. They've gotten back to me with a negative.

cskipper

Cathy
The other assumption was that they live in Davidson county - could have been at work, or a relative's (hopefully, for their sake, not a public hot spot.)

TracyP

Tracy
We have always had a few that wished to remain anonymous and I think they prefer it that way. There were about 6 or 7 last drive. I don't think we need to push the issue. Our policy in donations say they are anonymous. JMTCW

From Policy Page on Donations:

Donations are completely voluntary, and, for a variety of reasons, must be anonymous. Any time there is money involved, there is the danger of creating two classes of users - those who pay, and those who don't. Also, making donor information public brings the risk of setting a "minimum" that people are expected to donate. Not everyone can afford to spend the same amount, especially in these difficult economic times. So, if you wish to donate, do it because you want to, not because it's "expected". And if you choose to donate, the amount is entirely up to you.
By completing the donation process, you are agreeing to the following:

1. There will be no public acknowledgement of either your donation or its amount.
A request to name who the donation came from in the open forums goes against this policy and could adversely affect future anonymous donors.

My suggestion again is verify the funds in paypal and list them by the IP address only.

Last edited:

TracyP

Tracy
Updated above post after a relaxing meal with the Wife and some thinking.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Personally I'm fine with it but if the donor wants a receipt for Tax purposes I'll need to have their name and address.
All donations are anonymous regardless. There's no public list and no reference to any individual posted on the site. Before we achieved Non-Profit status it was moot.

TracyP

Tracy
Personally I'm fine with it but if the donor wants a receipt for Tax purposes I'll need to have their name and address.
All donations are anonymous regardless. There's no public list and no reference to any individual posted on the site. Before we achieved Non-Profit status it was moot.

I agree, if they are missing a receipt at tax time they will remember.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS