Used magazine

Jclrk

Jclrk
Corporate Member
Whats a good price to pay for used wood working magazines? Hank gave me a box for a $20 donation. Bur that's cause he is a nice guy. Found a lady with 100 issues of wood carver illustrated she said make an offer and I have no clue.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
With so much on the internet today, hardly anyone wants magazines any more. It's not uncommon at the annual picnic for folks to put magazines on the 'Free' table and nobody takes them.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
What are they worth to you? I have been known to pay for used magazines. I enjoy them and don’t mind paying a bit.

Jclrk

Jclrk
Corporate Member
What are they worth to you? I have been known to pay for used magazines. I enjoy them and don’t mind paying a bit.
I like magazines as well internet is ok but like magazines on the road

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
I'd offer $20 to $40 depending on how desirable they were to me and the condition. If' they've sat in a basement or garage and have the musty smell that's a pass for me even if free, my allergies can't deal.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Found sale at fox chapel 2$ each for back Issues not 15 cent but good deal to me
Often times, but not always, patterns found in magazines are not available for sale elsewhere. So if you see a pattern you want in a back issue it is worth the couple bucks. Anyway that is my 2 cents. Keep in mind that magazine typically have 6-7 patterns and individual patterns sell of $5.00 or more so $2 is really a good deal.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Depending on the magazine, lots of the old projects are just that Ive found, outdated old designs. Shopsmith used to be a great resource for jigs etc but their designs arent always the best. Unless youre looking at fine woodworking etc.. Most of those magazines teach more technique than actual projects. those are the ones I tend to hang onto or buy used.

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Some issues are valuable because some collectors are looking for them. Woodturning magazines have a lot of interest. I have sold Woodwork magazines and Woodturning (from England) with no trouble. Most other magazines are give aways.

Roy G

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS