Used Machinery,where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
Is Diversified Equipment still around? Their website has not worked for a while.

I haven't talked to them in a few years but their building still looks occupied, but it's been a few weeks since i drove by there. looks like they have a new site, http://www.descncrocks.com/, but it didn't seem to be completely functional. their web presence has always been spotty at best. Call and see if you can talk to Tony Long.

AllanD

Allan
Corporate Member
Phil, if you are referring to the Diversified Equipment on Blair Rd. (SR 51) in Mint Hill, they have been closed for several years I believe. There is an equipment rental business there now. Also, I saw the founder's obituary in the Observer several weeks ago.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I live near Sanford and have never heard of this place! Guess where I will be going soon!

JCW

New User
John
just noticed that J & G has some nice equipment on IRS auction

http://www.irsauctions.com/index_lots.asp?pg=details&id=21024

Also the equipment in GA is from Redmond & Son another reputable dealer.

Quite a few dealers set up liquidation companies to get rid of machinery that they don't want to sell through the front door. A lot of the auctions state that the machinery was moved in for the auction. A careful inspection of these machines would certainly be in order as you know the dealer rejected them for one reason or another. They did clean them up and make look pretty though.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
usually these guys do quarterly auctions to clear out machines and turn it over into cash flow. they take most of them in trade and offer them for sale for a period of time, if they don't sell they auction them off.

they are definitely sold as-is though. Arkansas warranty, if it breaks in half you get both halves.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
Phil, if you are referring to the Diversified Equipment on Blair Rd. (SR 51) in Mint Hill, they have been closed for several years I believe. There is an equipment rental business there now. Also, I saw the founder's obituary in the Observer several weeks ago.

i didn't realize their dad died. thanks for the note, i did look it up. the tool rental is just one of their many businesses at that location.

JCW

New User
John
usually these guys do quarterly auctions to clear out machines and turn it over into cash flow. they take most of them in trade and offer them for sale for a period of time, if they don't sell they auction them off.

they are definitely sold as-is though. Arkansas warranty, if it breaks in half you get both halves.

How does one move these things. Where do you find someone to palletize or crate these without spending a fortune. I would need someone to pick up and deliver to my shop floor. I don't have a fork lift on my end. The riggers and trucking companies that I have talked to are kind of vague about how they would handle this. The last thing a need a pile of scrap metal in my shop that I would have to pay to get rid of.

jazzflute

Kevin
Corporate Member
Welcome to NCWW.

As you have probably ascertained by now, it's not so easy finding and acquiring the kind of equipment you are looking for, and there is definitely risk involved in buying it used.

I know this because I have a shop that is basically equipped exactly like the one you listed (Felder 10.5' slider, etc.)and I acquired the vast majority of my equipment used. I have everything you listed, plus a 37" wide belt and a fully enclosed explosion-proof spray booth.

Woodweb is a very good place to find private sales, even though the majority of sellers are brokers. For the slider try the Felder and Minimax users groups on Yahoo; their classifieds often don't appear anywhere else. Craigslist is hit and miss, but setting up standing searches for a 500 mile radius is usually helpful (My wide belt came from Jacksonville FL.)

Which raises the discussion of your other question: How do you move this stuff? My answer was to buy a very robust truck and a small forklift. Both have been absolutely essential to getting stuff moved. When you buy used, you often don't have the luxury of time to ponder or arrange logistics. Stuff has to be gone ASAP, so you really need to have the transport solutions previously arranged or readily at your disposal.

K

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
How does one move these things. Where do you find someone to palletize or crate these without spending a fortune. I would need someone to pick up and deliver to my shop floor. I don't have a fork lift on my end. The riggers and trucking companies that I have talked to are kind of vague about how they would handle this. The last thing a need a pile of scrap metal in my shop that I would have to pay to get rid of.

J & G has a lift gate truck and will deliver if you pay and ask them. The other option is to have it skidded and shipped LTL with a lift gate truck.

There is not easy button for it without a doubt. it's an expensive proposition. I've moved a lot of machinery with hand trucks and brute force and partial disassembly.

JCW

New User
John
I did talk to Martin several times. Nothing new that is in my budget, but they were more than willing to offer assistance should I find a used one in my price range. They would have the configuration and history based on S/N. Martin seemed like a class operation.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
I did talk to Martin several times. Nothing new that is in my budget, but they were more than willing to offer assistance should I find a used one in my price range. They would have the configuration and history based on S/N. Martin seemed like a class operation.

they are indeed a class operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS