Urns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
How many folks still have unassembled flatpacks or urns? Those that do have them I would like to recall them, and get them returned to me. After several meetings it has been shown and decided to reduce the size of the urns to a 9x9x9 to be able to have one size that meets all criteria for in ground burial and columbariums including Arlington National. Unassembled urns I can re machine to the new size greatly reducing the amount of material we need to have donated.

Thanks
Jack :D:)

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hey, Jack. The following is what I show in my data files. A total of 30 unassembled urns.
UserIDNumber unassembled w/o NCWW Medallion
Raymond6
Phil S3
Charles Lent0
Klingspor's Store0
sawman10121
Skymaster0
Jackleg0

We may have to leave at least 3 with sawman101 and take the other 18 or so until you rework these into the new dimensions. Once we have the unassembled urns reworked, we may want to use up the assembled ones first, if we know that the requested urn is NOT going into a columbarium. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
Raymond, just thinking out of box. I can use some of the unassembled urns to make ñèw size without hunting for donor material.
Since it seems we are not using as many as first thought, we might as well use some for new size

We are on same page my friend ������������

Add one to list I placed one in Goldsboro for display and use if needed

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I need to have a few on hand to supply those who call. I try to keep 3 or 4 assembled, ready to go, as the need is always sooner than an urn can be assembled and finished--at least in my world. Jack, if you want most of the flat packs I have, well try to arrange movement your way. Good thinking on the new design. Former design was a little over built. I am recovering quite well, still restricted to picking up things under 10 lbs. and no bending to retrieve things from the floor. That said, I am planning to change over my shops distribution panel on Thursday, in order to bring electric to the new band saw, and new circuits to DC room, where I'm also putting the 2 hp compressor, and plumbing it thru the shop. Ahhhhh......so much wood, so little time.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
Bruce, pull all you need, then we can try a PE towards me for what you can release. Reggie is going to donate some poplar
when he is able to break free a bit of time. Our standard meeting place is the cafeteria in Siler City, in the PE case I can run that way also if it is a convenient place.If you aren't aware Fayetteville Cemetery is showing interest also. I am running on an as needed program until I can get a handle as to just how many are REALLY needed,then we can go forward as before but under more control. The hunt is still on for all the ones we already made and the 21 that went with Theresa, as of now nobody has a clue as to where those 21 went, since Theresa is no longer with the cemeteries. Turns out she was office staff not the Director

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I do know that some of those 21 urns went to Western Carolina Veterans Cemetery at Black Mountain, as per a phone call I had with them some time back. Now another point has risen it's wrinkly face, we really don't have an email address that folks can contact us, or a central telephone number. We need suggestions as to how to handle that. Also we really need to contact the actual person in charge of the whole cemetery thing. Theresa had led me to believe she was it. And I think I heard that Donald Owens is no longer the head man over National cemeteries in NC. A trip to Salisbury may be in order to establish that. Just some thoughts because the original folks we were dealing with have moved on, and we're back where we started. I hope to be able to do more as I grow a little stronger every day. Really looking forward to knee replacement in November!

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Bruce, an email address for the program should be fairly easy to do with all the free providers out there. Someone could set up a Gmail account for it and share the password with whoever needs access to it. It could easily be managed as a "shared" mailbox and folders created to track requests, i.e. leave requests and pending items in the inbox and move to folders as completed. Delivered, Materials, contacts....etc. Anyone with a computer, tablet, or smartphone who has the password could check the inbox and folders as needed. It could probably also be set up to forward copies of all emails to other addresses when received so folks would know when something new came in. Just throwing that out there and I'd be happy to assist in anyway I could if someone needed help.

Now having a phone number would be something different altogether if you're talking about publishing it anywhere......if someone is willing to share their personal number then that might work, but I guess that would depend on how many calls started coming in. Email as an initial contact might be the best bet and whoever "picks up" the inquiry could respond via email or phone...

HTH,
B.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
I have a website, with a phone that forwards to my cell that can be used if it is ok with the rest of the folks. OR I will setup a Gmail account under NCWW URN PROJECT or something similar.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
NCWW has some email Ids. I believe they are free and provided by our web hosting. Contact Ethan or Ron.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Scott, thanks for the reminder. I thought email addys had been discontinued, but maybe that was just for "normal" users. It would certainly be better to use a NCWWer one. Hopefully Ethan or Ron can confirm.

B.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I have a website, with a phone that forwards to my cell that can be used if it is ok with the rest of the folks. OR I will setup a Gmail account under NCWW URN PROJECT or something similar.

That sounds really good to me, Raymond, your thoughts please.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I can confirm that Donald Owens is no longer at Salisbury. Can't remember the name of the new man in charge, but I'll find out.

:notworthy:

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
You can get a Google Voice telephone number for free. Have it forward to whomever you want. That way, you don't publish your cell phone number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS