Urns for Vets build day(s) Photo update

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
It turns out Our State Magazine does not accept manuscripts from outside sources as they have their own writers. I submitted a short synopsis about NCWW, and received the reply that we would be contacted if the editorial staff would be interested. Maybe someday, maybe not.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I thought that Bruce Swanson and others were trying to get us recognized in "Our State" magazine for starters. Who else would you consider to be an "appropriate news source".
Raleigh News and Observer, Charlotte Observer, Asheville Times, Greensboro Daily News and small local papers also.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I did share this post with my daughter and she is going to show it to the Durham VA director.

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
Late to the game on this post, but do we have a nice set of photos that show the finished products with the medallions in place?

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Late to the game on this post, but do we have a nice set of photos that show the finished products with the medallions in place?
Actually not, I have approx. 60 urns stacked in my garage waiting for a day off to spray them with finish. None have medallions

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
Actually not, I have approx. 60 urns stacked in my garage waiting for a day off to spray them with finish. None have medallions
Can i get close up of each medallion and then a finished box with a medallion on. Please....

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Can i get close up of each medallion and then a finished box with a medallion on. Please....

I think that we also have a brochure that was put together but I can't find it and I don't know if it was ever finalized and printed for distribution. Contact Jeremy Scuteri or Bruce Swanson about it.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sorry I do not have any medallions The urn team members are Raymond, Bruce Swanson, Jackleg and Skymaster

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I believe these are Day 1 of the Urn Build Project. Anyone have pics to post of Saturday's, Day 2 work?

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
The only medallion affixed to the urn is the NCWW medallion on the bottom, until they are to be put into use, at which time the medallion for the veteran's branch of service is put into place. I have about 20 urns here, with the NCWW medallion affixed. If necessary I can stack and get a picture of the urns that way.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Very good Phil, thank you for all you did to make this project happen! Happy Independence Day too!

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
The only medallion affixed to the urn is the NCWW medallion on the bottom, until they are to be put into use, at which time the medallion for the veteran's branch of service is put into place. I have about 20 urns here, with the NCWW medallion affixed. If necessary I can stack and get a picture of the urns that way.
THe military medallions are the ones I am hoping to get shots of...preferably on boxes (even if just positioned and not glued) so we can show them off. I have the flyer and took what I could from it already. It has the medallions by themselves, so I started with that.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Give me until the weekend has passed, and I'll stage a photo of urns with the various medallions Scott. I have around 20 urns here to do that with.

BWhitney

Bruce
Corporate Member
Do we have an updated flyer for the Burial urns?

I noticed in these pictures that they appear to be square. Another forum thread says they measure 7.5" X 7.5" X 7.5" but the "27850-BurialUrn.PDF" file shows a 10" x 12" x 5.75" urn.

Thanks.

BTW: Is it possible for a NCWW member to get a service medallion for his own self-built urn?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS