Urns for Vets build day(s) Photo update

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
We did have a lot of fun today and it was for a good cause. Phil fed us well and Charlie kept us functioning as a well oiled machine!

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
WOW - great work and looks like it was fun too!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
It was a great day. It was an honor to work on such a meaningful project with such wonderful people.

peteb301

Pete
Corporate Member
Thanks to Phil for a delicious lunch and to a great cooperative and sharing crew.
I enjoyed it - lets do it again !!!

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I hope someone in NCWW will get this to an appropriate news source. You guys deserve publicity for this worthy project and your efforts to insure it continues. Thanks again, Gents!! You're the best!!

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Day 2 was perfect
114 urns built - 50 are with Bruce heading west
Thanks to all involved
IMG_4798.jpg
IMG_4799.jpg
IMG_4800.jpg
IMG_4809.JPG
IMG_4830.jpg
IMG_4832.jpg
IMG_4833.jpg
IMG_4836.jpg

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Wonderful job, everyone. 114 completed urns in two days! That is outstanding.

Melinapex

Mark
Corporate Member
Thanks Phil for hosting and feeding us. It was great to visit your shop and work with everyone. Woodworking as a team sport! Who knew?
plus I got to see Charlie's shop on the way home(thanks for the help!) and it is fantastic.
THANKS

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Mike, the total was 114 over the two days! It is my understand that this inventory will last about a year.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
I'm humbled by your deeds, grace to you all and may peace be multiplied in your efforts.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
What a great effort put forward by a group of North Carolina Woodworkers, who came together for the noble purpose of building quality wooden burial urns, to be given to the families of NC veterans. I hope to write up a news article and distribute it to newspapers throughout the area. My hat is off to all of you for your parts in the project! A very special thank you to Phil S for organizing the group build, and making sure everyone had a delicious meal and many other he did, and Charlie for building and furnishing jigs for the build, and preparing the donated lumber. And thank you to the gentleman who donated the lumber as well.
NORTH CAROLINERS WOODWORKERS, All y'all truly rock!

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I thought that Bruce Swanson and others were trying to get us recognized in "Our State" magazine for starters. Who else would you consider to be an "appropriate news source".

I hope someone in NCWW will get this to an appropriate news source. You guys deserve publicity for this worthy project and your efforts to insure it continues. Thanks again, Gents!! You're the best!!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors