'Urgent' Request - Spray-It 33000 gun part. EDIT: COMPLETED

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
My current task is spray finishing a bunch of doors for a client - 11 or 13 or some number that is too many. I got through priming with the Spray-it 33000 gun and the 1.7 tip, and today I started the top coat with SW Pro-Classic (latex), thinned.

Having just cleaned the gun after primer use, I did not know how I had set it. When I turned the fluid adjustment knob, it sprang out of the gun, flew over my shoulder, and hit some cardboard somewhere in the garage behind me. A careful search led me nowhere - I could not find the spring or that red anodized Al knob. That put me out of commission with this gun.

I have a HF store nearby, and decided to try a gun or two from there. The airflow requirements for these guns are higher than the Spray-It, and my compressor was already on the edge of not being capable, but I thought I'd try... I bought two.

1. Central Pneumatic - 33 oz. LVLP General Purpose Air Spray Gun
2. Central Pneumatic - 20 oz. HVLP Gravity Feed Air Spray Gun

The first one specifically mention spraying latex, and with a 33 oz cup and 2.0 mm nozzle, I thought I might get through more doors more wquickly, and without having to refill. I did not have a good experience. I test sprayed on cardboard, adjusted rate and flow and pattern, and then went at the first door. It was very inconsistent - first spraying fine, then slowly, then not all. It IS POSSIBLE that the paint had smalls lumps, as I had a filter in the Spray-it cup that I did not have in the HF LVLP gun (siphon fed). The end result on the door was fine (because I brushed out all the runs and sags in areas that were too thick), but I had great difficulty getting an even coat with the inconsistent rate of material being delivered, I abandoned that gun after the first side of the first door - too inconsistent.

I have not yet broken out the famous purple $15 HF gun, but if it gets me through these doors it will have been worth the cost. I still need to clean it with lacquer thinner (according to instructions, in order to remove machine oils etc) from the gun before use. This gun is my back up plan. I am a bit wary of this because I believe it only has a 1.4 mm nozzle, which seems small for latex. But if I can get it to work, I will use it.

What I would really like to do is to BORROW someone's Spray-It 33000 gun - specifically the spring and the fluid control knob (ASAP). I will order a new gun and spare parts, but if I don't get going tomorrow my project will be delayed.
If someone out there (near Raleigh) has one of these guns and is willing to lend me the gun (so I can use the spring and fluid control knob), I will be happy to replace your gun with an entire new one or do whatever you consider reasonable. I am of course happy to pick this up from you at a mutually convenient time/place (your convenience that is).

Please let me know, by PM here on the board.

EDIT - NCWW came through on the request, and my project was completed on time, thanks to NCWW generosity! Thanks Phil (and others who offered)

Thanks

Last edited:

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
NCWW at it's finest!
Indeed. I knew others 'out there' had this gun, and Phil came through for me. The spring and fluid control knob fit into my gun just fine and the I was able to get this doors project completed - on time and over-budget!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS