Updated shop photos and gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
I am finally getting in the short rows of getting my home shop back in order. I basically started with a blank slate and did the following:

moved some wiring and added a couple new outlets

insulated all the walls and used a foam board with silver covering on the roof rafters

put slat wall that NCPete gave me some years ago on the walls (groove side in)

painted all the walls

built upper cabinets since I didn't want to give up any floor space. Really didn't have any to give up.

Can you say "put 1000 lbs in a 5 lb bag.:gar-La;:gar-La;:gar-La;

So, here are a few pics of where I am at the moment. Still trying to find space for everything but I am able to function:

IMAG0066.jpg

As you can see, I am trying to capture every bit of available space for storage and such.

IMAG00671.jpg

IMAG00681.jpg

This cabinet contains all my stains, finishes, glues, etc. No doors since I wanted to keep some air flow around all the stuff.

IMAG0065.jpg

IMAG00691.jpg

And as you can see, my workbench hasn't seen the light of day yet. :gar-La;

IMAG0063.jpg

Now for the gloat part. The guy who bought my dust collector was telling me about a friend who lives in Greensboro who was also downsizing and that he had a couple air cleaners for sale. Make a long story short, he picked it up on his way back from a run (he is a long haul trucker) and delivered it to me this week. $200 for a brand new still in a sealed carton with straps and everything Jet AFS-1000B air cleaner, 3 spd with timer and remote. This should really help keep the dust at bay.

Mike

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Looking good. :icon_thum Tons of cabinet storage. Very nice.

That air cleaner should make a big difference in ambient dust. I always leave mine on for an hour or two when I leave the shop. It makes a noticeable difference in the amount of dust that settles on everything.

eyekode

New User
Salem
I don't know Mike. Looks like you have at least a 750lb bag :)
Looks good from where I am sitting :).
Salem

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Mike, I was just about to congratulate you on a well organized shop, but then I came to the pic of the workbench. Now that's my kinda shop. :rotflm:

Seriously, it's looking good, and I like the way you're making use of all the available space.

Bill

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
A clean, organized shop is sooo much easier to work in. Congrats on getting it all put back together.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Hmmm, I wonder if I could put my table saw up on the wall? :rotflm:

Looking good Mike. :icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS