Not open for further replies.

ebarr

New User
Wayne
OK, so I some of you may know I am getting married in a few weeks :gar-Bi

My soon to be wifey was looking at wedding cake toppers and likes this

il_570xN_225868232.jpg

View image in gallery

But I think it is crazy what they want to charge for it. Of course she turns to me and says "Can't you make that" Why of course dear I can try. Now here is the help...I need to make this font or something very similar at about 5 inches high. I don't have any microsoft products ie microsoft office loaded on my machine and open office won't produce a font above 72 which is way to small and the font they have isn't even close. where do I get begin to get a pattern for this

Bad picture, but my version...without the bling...to be added later

Last edited:

manfre

New User
Manfre
Re: Scroller pattern Help please

I know a graphic designer who owes me many favors. I'll get you a black and white PDF of that letter (the typeface is Shelley Allegro) that you can just print as a pattern.

B.pdf

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan

The font also matches English111 Vivace BT in my font collection (I have a collection of several thousand commercial fonts). It is not uncommon for the same font to go by different names among different vendors.

Some other insteresting variants can be found in English111 Adagio BT, English157 BT, Lucia BT, Roundhand Bd BT and Roundhand Blk BT. These all have varying degress of flair and stroke width but with a similar style to the original.

Now, the above said, not being a serious scroller, is it not just as easy to enlarge the original image, then attach the enlarged photo to the wood and cut out along the edges? Just wondering for when I have such need.

BTW - Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Manfre - you may wish to check with your hosting provider; the PDF link you provided, though only 388KB, took nearly 5 minutes to download at 3:15AM ET at an average rate of less than 1.5KB/sec -- typically not a time of day where bandwidth should be in short supply.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member

You can always get it as large as you can, go to someplace like Office Max and enlarge it on a copy machine. (old school).:widea:

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy

One other really simple solution. The picture you posted has enough resolution to resize easily and enough contrast that I could scroll directly from it (printed in gray scale or color). I would not suggest such a practice except to make only one for personal use. Normally, I would not suggest such a practice at all, but the outline of the letter is a standard font, not an original artist's design.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member

You can always get it as large as you can, go to someplace like Office Max and enlarge it on a copy machine. (old school).:widea:

OLD school???:dontknow: I was thinking pencil and paper!:rotflm:

ebarr

New User
Wayne

You guys ROCK....got your pdf Manfre gonna cut it this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS