update on the Raleigh Woodcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

jglord

New User
John
Hi folks:
I don't know how many of you subscribe to the Woodcraft e-news so I thought I'd post today's news on the new store. You may be interested in the call for applications for employment in the second half. :)

As many of you already know, the Woodcraft store at Townridge Center closed about a month ago, and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused our valued customers. But... the good news is that the New Woodcraft Store is planned to open next month, and we wanted to provide an update. Our new location will be:
4317 Pleasant Valley Road
Raleigh, NC 27612
(for those familiar with the area, we will be next to Sherwin-Williams)

The new store will be larger and carry a broader product offering than ever. For instance, we will be a full-line stocking dealer for Festool and Steel City, in addition to Jet, Powermatic, Delta, DeWalt, Porter Cable, Fein and others. We will stock more router bits than you thought possible, offering Whiteside, CMT, Freud, and Woodcraft brands. You will also want to check out our new wood department, which will have its own dedicated area behind our main showroom.

532_HerbShelly.jpg I’d like to take a moment to also introduce Herb Shelly, who will manage the new Raleigh store. Herb has over 10 years of experience managing Woodcraft stores in Virginia. Now, technically Virginia is below the Mason Dixon line, so I would ask ya’ll to give him a good southern welcome. He and his family will be relocating to the Raleigh area, and he is very anxious to become part of the woodworking community.

Now that we have your attention, we will only be able to achieve our goals with a committed staff, and it is our desire to find the very best employees the area has to offer. For this reason, we are contacting customers like you to discuss the possibility of filling full-time and part-time positions. Interested and qualified persons should have a strong woodworking background, be customer-service oriented, and enjoy sharing their woodworking experience with others. Retail experience will be considered a plus.

If you are interested in discussing the possibility of employment, please mail, fax, or e-mail your resume to:
Woodcraft
Attn: Herb Shelly
1725 Windsor Square Dr.
Matthews, NC 28105
Fax: (919) 781-1980
e-mail: Raleigh-durham-retail@woodcraft.com

DIYGUY

New User
Mark
Welcome to Raleigh John and Herb. I am thrilled that you will be here and continue to offer products that I have come to rely on. I have been a Woodcraft customer since 1971 (at one of their very first, if not the first store in Woburn, MA). I have always enjoyed the friendly advice and kinship of fellow ww'ers that Woodcraft seems to attract as employees. I have a good feeling for your future success and wish you all the luck in the world. Thanks for taking the plunge and I think your vote of confidence in the ww'ing community here in the Triangle will be rewarded ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS