Update on shop addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
We finally got most of the outside work done. Just a little boxing and trim and its ready for paint. The inside has been rough wired and is ready for insulation and paneling. Has any body got any ideas about paint color inside? I was thinking white but with all the windows and the floresent light will it be too bright? I made the mistake of not painting the origional part and now with everything in the way it'll never get done.

Attachments

• 100_0297.jpg
    100_0297.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 172
  • 100_0296.jpg
    100_0296.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 181
  • 100_0294.jpg
    100_0294.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 181
  • 100_0292.jpg
    100_0292.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 177

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
That looks AWESOME!! Congrats on the progress, I'm deffinantly jealous of the space you have added.

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
.... Has any body got any ideas about paint color inside? I was thinking white but with all the windows and the floresent light will it be too bright? ...quote]

Congratulations!! Very nice shop!

When I build my shop, I followed the recommondations in an article in FWW about shop lighting. The author suggested flat white for the ceiling and walls and light grey for the floor. My shop has a flat white ceiling and satin white walls (easier to clean). The bottom 3.5 ft of the walls are light grey and the floor is light grey. Makes a difference to have a bright environment!! Also make sure that you arrange the lights so you will not cast shadows.

Cheers,
Bernhard

Sweetgum

New User
Brad Keisler
Looks great!!

I painted the inside of mine white, then put in 12" wide vertical blue stripes on all the painted walls...takes the eyes off of all the holes in the drywall where I ram wood and machinery into them (small shop, everything is mobile) and adds a bit of color, etc.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Wow! Wired and ready :icon_thum
Congratulations sprinkled with a bit of envy :mrgreen:

Roger

dave "dhi"

New User
Dave
SWEETGUM,

ARE YOU SURE THEM HOLES ARENT FROM MISS CUTS,MISS MEASUREMENTS, OR JUST SCREW UP. THUS ANGER,THEN TEMPTATION TO THROW MISTAKE:eusa_thin 8-O 8-O ???? JUST A THOUGHT?

4yanks

New User
Willie
Larry,

I painted the inside of my shop an off-white to prevent it from being too harsh on my eyes. However, once I got everything in, combined with a fine layer of dust, I wish I had gone with a brighter white. By the way I have always admired your work.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Looks GREAT!!!

I painted my shop a flat white and at first, it seemed extremely bright, but as I have gotten used to it, the brightness is a plus. My only regret is not to have used a satin or semi-gloss for easier cleaning as Bernard suggests.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Larry,
Nice looking addition, you sure made fast work of that project. When I painted my interior, I did it in a very light gray with a gray tile floor and bright white ceiling, so far I'm happy with the balance of light it provides using fluorescent fixtures. Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS