UPDATE :Michael Fortune Workshop Through Triangle Woodworker's Association

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlimey

Jeff
Corporate Member
Hi everyone,

Unfortunately, Michael Fortune has had to postpone his visit to The Triangle's Woodworkers Association. He is planning on rescheduling for next year.

If you sent me a check, I will shred it. TWA will also refund any membership fees for the few people that joined the club to attend the workshop. Please feel free to take advantage of the privileges of membership over the next year despite the refund. We hope to see you at some meetings!

I am disappointed that Michael won't be sharing his talents with us this month - but I am hopeful that we can get him to come next year.

Jeff

I would like to offer the chance to interact with arguably Canada's best woodworker, Michael Fortune. As a designer and maker of contemporary furniture, Mr. Fortune has few peers. Michael will give a presentation on using curved pieces in his work on October 24th at the Klingspor store on Capital Blvd. in Raleigh. Meeting time is 7 PM. All are welcome.

While that is exciting in itself, the reason for this post is to offer a chance to attend a Saturday and Sunday workshop on using curved parts in your work. Michael will demonstrate how he uses vacuum veneering to form parts and then how he uses jigs for the joinery to combine them in his furniture. This might dovetail nicely with Phil's workshop on steam bending!

The workshop will take place on October 25th-26th at Bobby G's shop near Pittsboro. Cost is $100 for TWA members. Don't worry, if you are not a member the cost is $100 + $40 for membership. The club is greatly subsidizing the cost of this workshop, so I encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity.

Take a moment to indulge in some of Micahel's work : http://www.michaelfortune.com/

If interested, please contact me at 919-698-8927.

Jeff

Last edited:

jazzflute

Kevin
Corporate Member
Re: Michael Fortune Workshop Through Triangle Woodworker's Association

I'm VERY interested in the class. MCF is my all-time woodworking hero. His design aesthetic and craftsmanship are simply stunning.

I'll be giving you a call.

K

jlimey

Jeff
Corporate Member

Kevin,

I can't disagree! Since he has become a contributing editor to Finewoodworking, I had hoped that he would attract more of a crowd than he has. I have admired his work for quite a while - but I think that he is still less known than some of his colleagues.

Look forward to seeing you!

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member

whats the deadline for signing up? I am definitely interested

jlimey

Jeff
Corporate Member

Since this is mostly a watch, learn and question setting, we can take registrations up to the Friday night of Michael's presentation. However, there is a limit to the number of attendees, so there is a risk of it being sold out if you wait too long. Right now we have 6-8 slots available.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors