Update: Installed Cartridge Filter For Penn State Ind. DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
I am looking for cartridge filter options for a Penn State Industries DC-1BXL dust collector. I.D. 13 15/16", O.D. 14 5/8". 850 CFM
20170323_162319.jpg

Last edited:

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
Re: Cartridge Filter For Penn State Ind. DC

Tom,

I'd suggest you contact Wynn Environmental to see if they have a filter that would work -- of course, you could make an adapter if they have something close.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member

Tom,

I'd suggest you contact Wynn Environmental to see if they have a filter that would work -- of course, you could make an adapter if they have something close.

Rob, I have just swapped a couple of emails with Dick Wynn, and he ponted out my options:

1) I can go with a 35A filter and an adapter kit (rubber gasket) and cinch it down with the fastners included qwith the filter..
2) I could go with the C1425 filter and make my own donut for fitting. This filter has a 14" OD, so it will sit on the flange in the dust collector "upper".

Each of those comes out to roughly $200.

I found "Dust Collection Adventures" web page, and at the bottom it had a contact (Gary Liming), so I took a chance on the contact till being valid. Gary replied to my query, also point my to Wynn Environmental, or Grizzly (T23129 - Replacement Canister Filter for G0583Z), $237 shipped.

Gary also pointed out one guy who uses big rig air filters (Donaldson P181099 air filter, 14" OD. That guy found one filter provided about as much airflow as the original bag, so he stacked 2 filters to improve suction (and it worked). He used threaded rod and a piece of scrap to hold it all together. Cost about $100. This may noe be MERV 15, but for the amount fo work I do, it could be an option. Pics of the setup is at lumberjocks.com/topics/41917

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member

Tom,
I have a Wynn filter in the classified. Mine is larger, but the price is much better! :) If you were to fabricate a donut that would adapt my filter to your flange, then you would be in business! Let me know if you'd like dimensions!

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member

Tom,
I have a Wynn filter in the classified. Mine is larger, but the price is much better! :) If you were to fabricate a donut that would adapt my filter to your flange, then you would be in business! Let me know if you'd like dimensions!

OOOOh, I like a bargain! And if I can mount my 1HP motor on that cart, even better!

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Update: Installed Cartridge Filter For Penn State Ind. DC

Thanks to Michael Mathews and Jesse (merej) :thumbs_up , I have upgraded my dust collector, and have noticeable improved airflow. The filter is Clark Filter ProTura PN 35A274NANO , 17" O.D., 12" I.D. As my Penn State DC 14 5/8" O.D., I made a circle 1 5/16" out from the filter's 12" I.D., around the circumference of the filter I.D. This gives me a point of reference, so I can tell when I have the filter centered on my dust collector. I plopped th filter down, and turned the D.C on. While there is are leakage at spots around the bottom of the filter, I can tell an improved airflow at my blast gates (I run the DC into a Thein separator, then a 3-way "Y" (woldn't that make it a "W"? :D ). A couple of bungee cords and some weather stripping will securd the filter in place and seal the deal (pun intended).

I could go a step further, and snip the metal at the filter botttom, opening the I.D. up match the 13 1516" I.D of the DC, but that seems too much work for what may be no better airflow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS