Upcoming Handtool Woodworking Workshops

Status
Not open for further replies.

willarda

New User
Bill Anderson
I wlll be teaching three handtool woodworking workshops at the Woodwright's School in December. These are all hand tool focused and are good skill builidng workshops.

Dec. 5: Bench Plane Skills. We will spend half the day taking apart bench planes (wooden, transitional, metal, bevel up and bevel down), adjusting and tuning them up, etc, also sharpening techniques, cambering, etc. The second half of the day will be using the array of bench planes to dimension a piece of stock. This will nclude traditional marking and laing out tools as well. There wil be a small materials fee.

Dec 12: Advanced Dovetails. We will do three advanced dovetails: (1) mitered corner since this is so useful for adding molding to skirts, etc, inseting a rabbet for a back, and for giving a very finished look to through dovetails; (2) irregular dovetails (hound's tooth), which are very decorative and relatively simple to do; and (3) sliding tapered dovetails, useful for setting shelves in cases. This will be a techniques workshop and we will make demonstration corners of each of these. There will be a mall mateials fee.

Dec. 18: Making a Bowsaw. We will each make a 12 inch traditional bowsaw, with maple frame and walnut handles. Bowsaws, also known as turning saws, are very useful in cutting curves in a workpiece, besides being a very elegant tool!. There will be a materials fee to cover hardware and lumber costs.

Chesk out the schedule at http://www.woodwrightschool.com or send me an email at bill@edwardsmountainwoodworks.com for futher information.

Last edited by a moderator:

willarda

New User
Bill Anderson
I have updated the workshop list to show wha tis happening in December. Please check this out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors