Up spiral and Down-spiral router bits

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
I have 64 upspiral and downspiral router bits with over half of them never used as they have the original wax on them. Most are high quality 1/4” solid carbide Onsrud bits. I purchased these at an estate sale several years ago with the hopes of getting a CNC but have decided that the part of woodworking that I enjoy is using hand and power tools instead of technology. I am just looking to recover my original investment $200 ($3 per bit).
1617548851547.jpeg

Claus

Claus
User
I have 64 upspiral and downspiral router bits with over half of them never used as they have the original wax on them. Most are high quality 1/4” solid carbide Onsrud bits. I purchased these at an estate sale several years ago with the hopes of getting a CNC but have decided that the part of woodworking that I enjoy is using hand and power tools ....

Can these be used in a router? Are you selling as a set or would you consider selling in smaller lots?

cyclopentadiene

User
They do work in a router as they are standard 1/4 bits. I would prefer to sell them together if possible as i am just looking to recoup my investment. It takes a lot of time to part out items like this.

cyclopentadiene

User
The 32 used ones are mostly 1/4 cutter and 1/4 shank. There are a coupleof smaller diameter cutters. The 32 new ones still have the plastic so i just assume they are 1/4 inch. They are more protected by leaving the plastic on them.

kserdar

Ken
Senior User
If you don't find someone to take them all. I would be interested in all the up cut bits. Let me know.

cyclopentadiene

User
If you don't find someone to take them all. I would be interested in all the up cut bits. Let me know.
I am not sure how to tell the difference without putting them in the router and seeing which way the sawdust goes. Which direction of the spiral makes it go which way?

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
When looking at a router from the motor end routers turns CW. So when looking at the bit from the shank end or the cutter end, the spiral cutting edges on an upcut bit wrap around the bit to the right or clockwise- chips are pulled up towards the base of the router. On a down-cut bit the spirals wrap the bit to the left or counter clockwise - chips are pushed away from the router. Here is a video explanation:

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
I'll take some too! Depending on what's left after the others have taken their pick, I'd like anywhere from 6 to 10. Preferably the up-cut but I will take a few down cut as well.

Mrfixit71

Board of Directors, Treasurer
Rich
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'll take the whole lot if you don't want break it up.

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Looks like Rich might be your solution, but you can also put me on a list for 6 or 10 if you want to part them out in smaller blocks.

-Mark

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS