Up against the wall

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Getting things together. Trying to make things at-hand and not across the room. Always has been a bane, screws and nails. Then I was looking at this big blank bit of wall beside the saw I can't get to, and the solution is obvious. A barn door track. Did the nails using my old shelf and some old solid wheels. Just need to put a back on it.

20210807_153126.jpg
20210807_135753.jpg

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
My right tilt 52" Unisaw and Unifence has the end of it's side table butted up against the approximate center of the long wall of my 14 X 26 shop putting the saw itself roughly in the center of the shop. I don't break down full sheets inside the shop, but I couldn't bear to cut the fence rail down to 32". All traffic goes around the other end of the saw, but that's where my 6" joiner is. A bench is against the opposite wall with my miter saw on it, so the space between the joiner and miter saw bench is about 26". A multi use workbench is behind me when I'm using the Unisaw, and it doubles as an infeed table for longer rip cuts. I have a 3 X 3' attached outfeed table on the saw that folds down when needed. Everything else is located against the outer walls of the 3 remaining walls without the saw against them. It's tight, but I've been managing, as I'm the only one in the shop 98% of the time.

Charley

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Right tilt saw, with right side butted against a steel support column. DC and electric come down the column. Break down sheet goods using circular saw and shop made guide. Same for rough cutting board to length

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Got the power and DC reconnected today. Eliminated about 12 feet of ductwork and that included adding the run to the miter saw.
So, I can try out the new config as I build out the rest.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS