Untreated 4x4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSEdge

New User
Brad
I'm new to the area and would like to make a table for my wife. Where can I find untreated 4x4 in the Cary/Morrisville area?

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Hey Brad - welcome to NCWW.

4x4s? Are you looking for that specifically, or 4" thick (16/4) material?
I suspect several places may carry 16/4 lumber (I know I have seen it at Capitol City lumber, but don't recall seing any at Anchor Hardwoods) but it depend very much on what species you want. I have seen poplar and I believe mahogany there at Capitol City - be prepared I believe these are in the $12-20/BF price range. These are not cut as 4x4s, but just thick lumber

If it is an outdoor project, then cypress directly from a mill (like the one I forget the name of, but on Hillsborough St, just west of NC Fairgrounds) might be your best bet.

I hope this helps

Henry

tarheelz

Dave
Corporate Member
Capital is the only place I found a couple months ago with 8' SYP 4x4s.

Nice selection of #1 Prime. Be sure to look them over for the look you want. There is a lot of color/density variation in the rack.

BSEdge

New User
Brad
Whoa! Thanks for all the responses. CCL seems to be the best option with respect to proximity and products. I am making an indoor table for my wife's office and was planning on using 4x4 SYP for the legs and something a little harder (hickory or walnut for the top). The bottome will be finished with paint so the grain will be hiden anyways.

On my way into work I pass Professional Builder's Supply. Does anyone know if they cary this kind of lumber and if they are open to the public?

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Not SYP, but the last time I was in Habitat Reuse Store in Raleigh, they had a bunch of laminated 3 or 4" square oak posts. They were in rear of store, near roll up door and appliances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS