Universal Table Saw Jig from WOOD mag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Finished this yesterday; handle knobs arrived. Doesn't take long to make and already I can see many uses. Now just waiting for my big protractor to come in. Plans are at Wood Store
And for a limited time, you can download the plan FREE in PDF at:
WOODmagazine.com

Universal_Table_Saw_Jig_002.jpg

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Great Job Joe :icon_thum I was looking at that in the mag a thinking about building it. Where did you buy the parts? Rockler? And where did you find the protractor?

sawman

New User
Albert
Joe,
I downloaded a copy of that jig, I hope mine will turnout like yours, nice work. I have one of those protactors, found it in a store that sells drafting supplies. It is amazing that something you by, and use very little, can be now be put to use for something else.

Albert, Al or whatever

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Great Job Joe :icon_thum I was looking at that in the mag a thinking about building it. Where did you buy the parts? Rockler? And where did you find the protractor?

I bought the Rockler T track kits on sale now @ $14.95 and 5/16" handle knobs. It's the blue 1/2" deep stuff; not the 3/8" mini channel. But since the T-nut barrel is drawn up into the channel hole it works. Just be careful not to counter-bore too deep for the T-nut on the bottom. The jig takes about 6' of channel, leaving me enough for my long taper jig project. Wore out my 3/8" countersink in aluminum!

T nuts, I found at Home Depot and the 6/32 X 1/4" machine screws at Wilder's (next to Habitat in Raleigh). Wilder's were out of the T nuts and I bought the last box of screws! Still have over 50 if you can't find any.

I ordered a Hearlihy 12" Adjustable Triangle (#W70111) #8212; $15.00 Qty: 1 (hasn't arrived yet) because it is listed as .125 (1/8) inches. The Alvins are listed @ .100. Hope it's accurate.

It works just like the video.

sapwood

New User
Roger
That's a pretty neat jig Joe. Thanks for passing along the info (and the video Monty). :icon_thum It doesn't take up much space and it is incredibly versatile.

Roger (awaiting pixs from others who build this)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Now that is a really cooooooooool jig, Joe!!!!!:eusa_danc :eusa_clap :eusa_danc :eusa_clap

Now you have me torn between a plain crosscut sled (I've been dreamin' about!) or this nifty, versatile jig??!!

Thanks for the pictures and the detail!

Wayne

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
yup, looking at the jig itself, I was having a hard time figuring it out, the video explained things very well.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
That's right Wayne....Make 'em both.
But download the plan while it's still free!

Well! I guess you guys (Chris & Joe) talked me into it! Have to make a run out to Woodcraft later this week for some baltic birch and maybe order some more T-track from Rockler!

Thanks for the plan, Joe!

Wayne

MikeH

New User
Mike
Joe,
Great job on the jig! I think I need to build this as well. I would be tempted to buy the Laser engraved panel for the acurate angle measurements. Thanks for the plan Joe!

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Joe,
Great job on the jig! I think I need to build this as well. I would be tempted to buy the Laser engraved panel for the acurate angle measurements. Thanks for the plan Joe!

I agree Mike.
For anyone interested, the pre-lasered panel is $30.09 w/ shipping here.

J

jeff...

No longer free - plans are $7.95 - that's a nice jig, does it have preset 90 / 45 / 30 degree stops?

mtrager

New User
Mitch
Is there any reason not to epoxy the tracks in place rather than all those t-nuts and screws? Seems like it would save a whole lot of trouble.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Is there any reason not to epoxy the tracks in place rather than all those t-nuts and screws? Seems like it would save a whole lot of trouble.

Sounds like a pretty good idea to me provided the epoxy makes a good bond between wood and aluminum. I don't know - never tried that one before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS