Unisaw Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

childe

New User
Chris
I've taken the suggestion of some members here, and have disassembled my Unisaw. I have sanded down the cabinet and base, and have one more coat of paint left. In examining the arbor I have found that the the threads are stripped and that It has some wobble to it, so needless to say, I am going to replace It, bearings and all. My dillema is that prices are steep:oops:. Any suggestions for keeping costs down? I've been looking at a website called The Saw Center, and was wondering if there are any other resources out there? or could I maybe find bearings somewhere else. Just want to make sure before I spend the money.

Chris

Woodsaw

New User
Qui
I bought the bearings from Motion Industries for $5.00 a piece for my Unisaw. It was high quality bearings made in Japan. For the arbor, I saw some body machined the arbor himself.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
As i said in the previous post, rebuilding aint cheep! I paid 400 for my saw. it was 3 PH. bought a motor, arbor and bearings, fence, pulley's and belts, and asst nuts and bolts. might have saved money buying new!8-O BUT its old iron!:roll: you however got the saw for free soo....... enjoy the journey....:icon_thum.

fred

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
You can take the bearings to a bearing supply store and they can match and replace them. I would expect they would be cheaper there. As for the arbor, your best bet is to buy straight from Delta IMO.

childe

New User
Chris
I think I'm going to just try some new bearings on this arbor, hoping it resolves the problem. If not I"ll have to get the new bearings off the old arbor without damaging them. I guess these are the risks we take. Knew this would cost some money, just shopping around for the best prices. Thanks for the suggestions. My wife asked me what I was doing today, and I told her that I was working on my saw. Now brace yourself guys! She replied "Not that stupid saw thing" :eusa_doh:They Just Don't Understand!

Chris

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Best I can remember, arbor uses 6203 sealed bearings. Check over at OWWM site, as there is a rebuild of Uni there. At least there used to be.This is a common size of bearing. VXB sells a pack of ten (electric motor grade) for $29.99, and shipping. As they are on the west coast, takes about a week to come in. I ordered thrust bearings for my BS from them, and have been very pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS