Unisaw/incra jig question

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
I Have a Unisaw with 52" extension. I bought an Incra jig Pro when I first started to try and learn woodworking in 1994. I have not used it in over 20 years. I want to use the jig with my TS. Some of the jig literature talks about using the jig with a TS but no guidance is given. I am trying to figure out if there is anyway to attach the jig to the saw without drilling holes in the extension and jig. Do not know if it makes any difference but the name on the jig says Ultra not Pro. All the literature says Pro not Ultra.

Anyone ever do this?

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Double sided carpet tape may be the only answer since you don't want to use screws. Or screw it to a sheet of metal and clamp that.

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
Double sided carpet tape may be the only answer since you don't want to use screws. Or screw it to a sheet of metal and clamp that.
You started me thinking Mike. I am really concerned with keeping the fence parallel to the TS blade. If I use a board with parallel sides, thin enough so the jig carriage will clear over it, as long as my TS depth, I can place the board against the TS fence, clamp it down and remove the TS fence. I can then place double sided tape on the back of the jig base and push it tight to the board.

Woodmolds

Tony
User
Use 3M VHB tape

3M VHB Tape provides the convenience and simplicity of a tape fastener and are ideal for use in many interior and exterior structural bonding applications. In many situations, they can replace rivets, spot welds, liquid adhesives, and other permanent fasteners.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
@Keye - good suggestions from @Mike Davis and Tony (@Woodmolds)
VHB tape is AWESOME... remember it is pressure sensitive - so like gluing something, you want to have pressure on the joint for one minute or more and you will have to cut it off.

If you don't want to order it on-line many times you can find it at an auto supply store - this is how a lot of trim is attached to vehicles.

Rick_B

Rick
Corporate Member
I Have a Unisaw with 52" extension. I bought an Incra jig Pro when I first started to try and learn woodworking in 1994. I have not used it in over 20 years. I want to use the jig with my TS. Some of the jig literature talks about using the jig with a TS but no guidance is given. I am trying to figure out if there is anyway to attach the jig to the saw without drilling holes in the extension and jig. Do not know if it makes any difference but the name on the jig says Ultra not Pro. All the literature says Pro not Ultra.

Anyone ever do this?
I may be misunderstanding what you are tryi g to do but it appears the Incra Pro is a router table jig (I have one) - not sure it is a good fit with a table saw. In any event I have emailed/called Incre several times with questions and have always experienced outstanding service and response.

Rick

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Screen Shot 2023-01-12 at 9.58.22 AM.png

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
I may be misunderstanding what you are tryi g to do but it appears the Incra Pro is a router table jig (I have one) - not sure it is a good fit with a table saw. In any event I have emailed/called Incre several times with questions and have always experienced outstanding service and response.

Rick
It is made for a router table but according to Incra can be used on a TS. As there are so many brands and models of TS's they have not been very helpful. They want me to take my Delta fence off and replace it with the new Incra stuff. They outsourced their videos and other materials so they can not provide me any help because mine is so old.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
This is pretty much where I am headed with the added step of using the original fence to help insure the Incara is parallel with the saw blade.
Frankly @Keye I wouldn't do that, it brings in yet another factor for error.
error in the fence to the blade and that same error in the fence to the Incra fence...

what you need is a caliper or indicator to check a given distance from the front of the blade to the Incra fence and adjust to that same distance to the back of the blade.

Here is a GREAT DIY method:

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
Frankly @Keye I wouldn't do that, it brings in yet another factor for error.
error in the fence to the blade and that same error in the fence to the Incra fence...

what you need is a caliper or indicator to check a given distance from the front of the blade to the Incra fence and adjust to that same distance to the back of the blade.

Here is a GREAT DIY method:
Hank I agree. Sometimes I try, and succeed , in making things more difficult than they really need to be. I asked, when I pulled his jig out of storage, if the owners manual was available and was told no. Why I did not look for an online pdf I have no idea. I looked today and of course I found it.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS