Unisaw circa 1993 electric plug

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
The ground prong has broken off. Thought this was going to be easy. Look online find one and order it. Seems as if nothing is ever easy, at least for me.
The unisaw is a 36-820 special edition with 52" fence. I have no clue what makes it a special edition. It is 220 volt single phase. I have always thought it was also 30 amp. I have every single piece of paper that came with the saw and nowhere does it give you the voltage and amps. No tag on the saw either. I know it is 220 volts because that is what I wired it for. I used a 30 amp breaker.

Am I just wrong about the amps? I found a 20 amp plug
IMG_0021.JPG
I

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
Dang Bob is there anything you do not know :D.Are the 17 amps running or start up?

I bought this saw at the big wood working show they use to have at the Charlotte Merchandise Mart. This was the first thing I bought when I decided to give up golf and make sawdust. Someone told me the table saw is the heart of the shop so I should set a budget and then spend a lot more.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
The catalog column is titled: NEC Amps. That sounds a little high to me but maybe those motors pull that much. The one motor plate I have a shot of says 12.4 amps for an 83-651 motor. Delta would apply that stock number to their 3 HP motors whether they were made by Marathon, Emerson, Baldor or WEG.

Anyway, running amps are relatively low. Amp draw at the moment of startup will be pretty high, probably in the 35-40 amp range but that lasts less than a second. That initial surge is typical of single phase capacitor start motors.

The catalog qualifier says: "Ampere specifications coorespond to full load current per standard hp rating taken from the National Electrical Code."

I think a look at your motor plate will tell the tale.

You do want a working ground for a multitude of safety reasons.

The receptacle you have will let you know what plug to use. If it has two flats only like the plug you show, then its a 15 amp. If the receptacle has a flat and an either/or slot, then you can go to Home Depot and get either plug. I never liked those molded on plugs with the two flats.

1 83-651 - 1.jpg

PS: for years I was a field warranty repairman for Delta before they got wonky in the early 2000s.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS