Union Grove Saw & Knife

Diane Dickens

New User
Diane
This post is to introduce Union Grove Saw & Knife Inc. in Union Grove, North Carolina. Owner, Ed Bissell has been in business since 1983.

We serve Saw Mills, Pallet Mills, Carbide Tool Service Shops, Woodworking Shops, Furniture Industry, Paper Industry, Industrial Supply as well as O.E.M. Machine Manufacturers.

We recently purchased the Woodcraft Bands business inventory and equipment that was located in Vilas, North Carolina and look forward to servicing all the needs for small woodworking bands.

Phone: 704-539-4442

Hours: Monday-Thursday 7:00 a.m to 4:30 p.m

Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thank you Diane,
That is GREAT news!

Nice website, but I do not see a mention of the Bandsaw blade business - do you know how Ed will be handling that?

Can you tell us how John is doing - he felt more like a friend than a "business" we used...

Diane Dickens

New User
Diane
I know we are excited. I ran across these forums and saw all the concerns for Woodcraft Bands and wanted to reach out to all you woodworkers and let you know we are here for you. Actually John reached out to owner here and they struck up a deal. We have all met John and I inherited all his card files. He is a super guy and we all still stay in touch. We are a little over an hour coming down the mountain from John. The guy that did all the welding for John now works for us one day a week welding those small bands. Last time Ed talked to John, he was lined up with doctor appointments. Will try to update if I hear more.

Last edited:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Thank you so much for letting us know about John and the new company taking over.
That is fantastic news. I bought a two year supply just a few months ago and was really concerned what would happen when I run out.
Have been treating them with utmost care and using beyond dull. So glad to know I can continue buying the best at the lowest price.
I expect they will go up but hopefully not too much.

Also good to know you do all the other sharpening, most of the folks here like to buy local and I hope you will pick up some more business here.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Hey Mike, glad to here from you. For now we are honoring the pricing that John used. We sincerely hope to maintain the same relationship that John carried both with new and old customers.
I am glad you have found us, Diane. I have used your services in the past for sharpening various items and can vouch for the quality service offered. I don't think there is anything your company can't sharpen.

Jerry

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
I have also ordered my bandsaw blades from John in the past and look forward to sending my business to you. I've been very happy with his blades!

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Good news indeed, yes please keep us updated on John. Godspeed to him and his health.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS