Unbelievable bad luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

b4man

New User
Barbara
I am starting to wonder if being a member of NCWW much less this BoD is doomed for bad news. My husband was admitted thru the ED last night for what is believed to be a pulmonary embolism. This would be after he started chemo Monday for Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma.
Long story short, I won't be there tomorrow. Susan (bekind2animals) mailed the name tags to me because she can't make it either. Reggie has set the caterer up for 11 a.m. Saturday and will expect a check on delivery. I left a message w/ Tim Sherwood to see if he can bring the tags and check when he comes. If he's not able to be there I'll keep calling around 'till I find someone to pass this package off to.

I apologize. I had been working for the past two days to give you a financial report. It probably won't be ready now.

Have fun and know I'll be missing you all tomorrow.

M

McRabbet

Since I had a pulmonary embolism just a little over two weeks ago, I understand your dire concerns -- I am most hopeful that your husband gets the necessary treatment (I was put on Coumadin (warfarin) and had Lovenox (heparin) shots to thin my blood) and feels better very soon. I will be at the picnic and can sign the check, but if need be, I can write a personal check to the caterer if they cannot take our BB&T bank card and I can be reimbursed later on. Our thoughts are with you and Dick as he recovers. You've got your priorities correct, for sure.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Not to chime in on this, but I may not be there now either. Dad just went into the ER. He's been throwing up for two days straight and has barely slept in weeks. On top of that, he's scheduled to begin a second kind of chemo on Monday. Mom said that they hope to be going home tonight, but who knows..... She said the same thing a month ago and he was in there for 11 days. Either way, it is now looking doubtful that I will be able to attend as I'm finally off the road and can actually get down there to be with him (give Mom a break).

The voting is now closed. I have an excel spreadsheet with everyone who has voted, for whom, and the totals. I need to send the results to one of you so that they can be announced tomorrow. I can create a separate spreadsheet with just the total number of votes and a list of who has voted and pass that along to someone. Last year, nobody voted at the picnic and as of right now, there are four clear cut winners with 13 votes separating the last one in and first one out. I really don't see the need to do voting at the picnic. Perhaps Rob or Cathy would be willing to make these announcements? That should be all it is, I tell you who won and you announce it. Not too bad.

One other matter. I have the Corporate Documents here at the house and will need to get them to the new Secretary. I'm guessing you all will decide that in a meeting/conference call at a later date? Just let me know. If it is someone in the area, I can swing by and drop them off. If it is someone far away, I can ship them. Also, I will do everything I can to be available to that person to answer any questions that they may have.

Barbara, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. I will keep both of you in my prayers. Hope he gets better soon! :)

There is still a slight possibility that I may be there tomorrow, but it is doubtful.

Thanks,

Trent

b4man

New User
Barbara
Trent, as you know, I feel your dad's pain and I know how horrible radiation is when it's aimed at the throat. Top that w/ chemo and it's unbelievably difficult. Your dad and family remain in my prayers.

Rob, I thought of you last night when they suspected a blood clot in his lung. I hope you are feeling much better now.

I spoke with Tim Sherwood and he will be bringing the name tags and check tomorrow. Is there anything else I need to send? He's coming by in the morning.

I got a call from a member today that can't find what time the picnic starts. Could someone please post it in a big, prominent place or thread? I don't even know what time it starts but I've not kept up with the picnic thread.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
A little update on our end. Looks like Mom and Dad are back at home and getting some sleep. Christy and I (or at least me) will be there tomorrow, so please disregard my previous message.

Barbara, I'll miss seeing you tomorrow and I hope everything goes well. We are praying for you all.

M

McRabbet

The voting is now closed. I have an excel spreadsheet with everyone who has voted, for whom, and the totals. I need to send the results to one of you so that they can be announced tomorrow. I can create a separate spreadsheet with just the total number of votes and a list of who has voted and pass that along to someone. Last year, nobody voted at the picnic and as of right now, there are four clear cut winners with 13 votes separating the last one in and first one out. I really don't see the need to do voting at the picnic. Perhaps Rob or Cathy would be willing to make these announcements? That should be all it is, I tell you who won and you announce it. Not too bad.

Trent,

Sorry to be online so late -- but please send me a spreadsheet via email (rrpayne@bellsouth.net) with the results tonight if you can -- I think it would be best if the actual vote-by-vote tally be kept in confidence, so please send me the results on candidates with the number of votes each has received. I plan to leave for the picnic by 8:00 AM in the morning and doubt I will have an internet connection at the park. If need be, I can call you when I arrive at the picnic to get the results then.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Barbara, Trent, I hope your families do well. Hope you get to come, Trent, but I completely understand if you aren't there.

Since I don't know how many raffle tickets were sold, I'm bringing the entire roll(they are red) - along with the partial roll we used last fall for the door prizes(they are blue). We can separate them at the picnic.

M

McRabbet

I have the raffle results and your plan to bring the ticket roll is fine.

cskipper

Cathy
Barbara, I hope Dick is doing better. You need to be there, even though I (we) will REALLY miss you!! Trent, I hope you dad keeps feeling better, sleep is so important. Rob, hang in there!

It does seem like Board members seem to have more health/personal issues. Maybe it's really that as non-members we didn't have a reason to post the problems because no one else was specifically expected to be doing things.

That sounded bad - I didn't mean to suggest that problems we have/are experience are not significant. I think this group has had an distressing number of problems this year.

Last edited:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I too will not be there. I have a bug I really don't want to pass on. Barbara your husband will be in my prayers.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
The hits just keep on coming. I sent an email to the BOD several days ago and it seems it did not go out. I can not be at the picnic either. Two weeks ago I was injured again at work. Possibly looking at surgery in the near future.

Barbara I am very sorry to hear of this and will keep you all in my prayers!
Cathy I hate your news as well. Please take care of yourself!
Tracy I hope your illness is short and you feel well quickly!
Trent I am sorry about your father and will certainly keep him in my prayers as well! Glad it sounds like he is doing somewhat better.

Dennis and Rob - BE CAREFUL!

Last edited:

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I might suggest going to the health food store and asking for some Magnesium Calm for those of you with distressed stomachs. Taken regularly, it does wonders for my digestive system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS