Unable to upload pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Using same camera, computer, etc... nothings changed.

Getting upload error message #404

Me or Site?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Site, we are working on the Flash Uploader.

I don't get a 404 error, but something else.

Lets check back in in a little bit to see how its going. I'll keep an eye on this.

Jim

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Not sure how you upload photos, but I just noticed that the Flash Uploader is case sensative.

I have files named "pick001.JPG", but flash uploader only looks for *.jpg

Any chance you have files with uppercase names?

Jim

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Not sure how you upload photos, but I just noticed that the Flash Uploader is case sensative.

I have files named "pick001.JPG", but flash uploader only looks for *.jpg

Any chance you have files with uppercase names?

Jim

Flash uploader is automatically assigning a ".JPG" to my file.

I tried to change filename to add: .jpg, but it then showed with "filename.jpg.JPG"

Hope this helps!

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
First of all, i'm sorry. I forgot to turn the flash uploader off, when I went to dentist :embaresse . I'm still debugging it.

Jim, I get the 404 and always have. What are your getting?

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Wow, from the pain of flash uploader to the dentist. What a day you've had!

I didn't actually upload anything. I did get the file finder pop up window. Thats where the uppercase/lowercase issue appeared. Didn't try anything past that.

Odds are I'd get a 404 too.

Jim

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
First of all, i'm sorry. I forgot to turn the flash uploader off, when I went to dentist :embaresse . I'm still debugging it.

Jim, I get the 404 and always have. What are your getting?

Wow, from the pain of flash uploader to the dentist. What a day you've had!

I didn't actually upload anything. I did get the file finder pop up window. Thats where the uppercase/lowercase issue appeared. Didn't try anything past that.

Odds are I'd get a 404 too.

Jim

Thanks Guys! :icon_thum:icon_thum

buildintechie

New User
Jeff
Is the uploader still broken? I'm not able to upload anything, no module is available to select a file to upload. I have a box with the swf upload code at the bottom of my screen.

I'm running firefox 3.0.11

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
The Flash Uploader has been turned on full time.

Do you see a button in the "Upload Photo" box titled "Select files for upload"? Its just below the line "Allow members to post comments?"

That window at the bottom is for debugging info. The Staff has been working on this feature. You can ignore that window.

Does Flash work for you on other sites? Youtube for example.

I also use the FlashBock addon to Firefox, if you have that you might want to disable it for our site.

Jim

buildintechie

New User
Jeff
I do not.

Flash works everywhere else...and the file upload works fine.

See below:
ncwoodowrker.jpg

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Hmm, thats odd. So when you go into the Photo Gallery, get to the Upload Page, the screen shot is what you see?

The greyed out "Cancel All" button?

I see that after I've clicked that button which says "Files to Upload" (there is only one button, it looks like it changes).

Its almost like it thinks the upload is still happening.

For kicks, would you mind clearing your cache/history and such, the close and reopen Firefox?

Yes, I'm guessing!

Jim

buildintechie

New User
Jeff
OK, so I cleared my cache on my computer at work, and still have the same problem. However, my laptop (which I keep at home), is running the same version of fiirefox, but it does NOT have the problem.

Odd. very odd.

Oh well...I'll be adding pictures soon!

Last edited:

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Hmmmm, I willing to bet its a work related firewall issue or how they built your computer.

Could be they don't like a web page accessing files on your harddrive. I'm not great with Windows, but I recall security settings tied to web access to local files.

Don't they know you need to post pics during the day while at work? Sheessh :p

Jim

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I guess you can't blaime the IT staff then.....

If you wanna keep working on this, I'm happy to throw out suggestions, alas you are the only one to report the issue.

I will keep this in mind should it show up for others.

Hmmm, one thought is the swf file is somewhere on your box. Speaking from linux, most times I can find the swf file in the tmp directory when I run a flash app.

Not sure in IE where you'd find such temp files, or if IE does a similiar local copy deal. Maybe its hiding somewhere that could be removed?

The behavior sure sounds like its stuck mid-upload, its its flash mind....

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS