uhh guys I have a big mess (round3)update

Status
Not open for further replies.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Getting tired of trying to get up enough money to build a bigger one so I decided to renovate the one I have - I told my wife after reading some of the accidents and close calls that have happened to some others in a cluttered small shop - I will not be doing any wood work for awhile now
Got it all(some) out so I could start
shop_mess.jpg

View image in gallery

Couldnt finish so I had to put it(some) back in and close the doors

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Re: uhh guys I have a big mess

I've seen this scenario before...
ShopDisaster800x600.jpg

I think it has something to do with the 2nd law of thermodynamics....

Russ Denz

New User
Russ

tis been said before, many times: "A clean desk (shop) is the sign of a sick mind"

Seems we have no sicko's around here. Bear in mind, this does NOT apply to those the day after they clean their shops as part of their ritual once a decade cleaning, whether it needs it or not.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member

At the risk of sounding cheap (though that is not readily frowned upon): why not enclose the shop porch? or were you thinking of something larger?

Rob

New User
Rob

I'm still there, started on another wall this week, waiting for drywall mud to dry, why do I always miss spots.

I've been working on one section of wall at a time, repair, paint, then build what's going on it or in front of it. I'll be glad once it's done.

Glennbear

Glenn

Trust me Phillip, you are not alone in having a cluttered and/or overcrowded shop.:no: The size of the structure has little bearing on the interior condition since my 24x24 shop is pretty dang cluttered right now. :gar-La; I think that is the thermodynamic law Bas mentioned. :wsmile:

TBradley190

New User
Tim

Dang!...I thought woodshop and clutter went together like peas and carrots. Well atleast in my shop!

TIm

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member

Kudos Phillip!
Safety first, at whatever the cost!
It takes an effort for some of us (I lead the way in this one) to TRY to keep things manageable mess wise. Some people are gifted in organizational skills. I AM NOT ONE Of THEM!
Frustration builds, ADD takes over, and I have got to walk away for a while... argh~
Good luck. Learn lots and if you do a really good job you might find a market for that skill.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member

The problem is that people think of WWing stuff as a solid. It is not. It is a gas. And as such it expands to fill the space allotted. If you doubled - or tripled the size of your shop, it would still be cluttered. :eusa_thin
And also like a gas, there is more activity when it is warmer. :gar-Bi

JackLeg

New User
Reggie

I have decided that there is a law, written or unwritten, that applies to woodworking shops. (EXCEPT Alan in Little Washington!!:nah:) that ANY horizontal surface WILL gather "stuff!" :icon_thum Mine sure does, from the floor, (HS) to benches (HS) to my work surfaces (HS) so I've just resigned to living with it!!:wsmile:

I DO attempt to keep the clutter to a level that I don't trip over anything, since that was my last accident of any significance!

Good luck, Phillip!! :wsmile:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member

dont worry little buddy.:nah: so long as ur tall enough to see over it u'll be fine!:rotflm:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

You must have some powerful arms to be able to throw all that stuff in there like that.

lottathought

New User
Michael

I miss my mess.. :cry_smile

Our house is on the market. And the shop has to stay clean for showings.
Not to mention most of my tools are in storage.

I will be saw dustless until I have a new home. And I can not make any more messes for a while.

Enjoy your messes... want mine back:dontknow:

jhreed

New User
james

ok, you win. You win. Your shop is messier than mine. What is with the crutches in the left foreground. Are they required to get around in the shop?
James

PChristy

New User
Phillip

wanna do mine next??:swoon:
Anytime you are ready brother

At the risk of sounding cheap (though that is not readily frowned upon): why not enclose the shop porch? or were you thinking of something larger?

I am thinking about putting a rail around the porch and roof it but not close it in - I do want a bigger shop at least a 16x20

Kudos Phillip!
Safety first, at whatever the cost!
It takes an effort for some of us (I lead the way in this one) to TRY to keep things manageable mess wise. Some people are gifted in organizational skills. I AM NOT ONE Of THEM!
Frustration builds, ADD takes over, and I have got to walk away for a while... argh~
Good luck. Learn lots and if you do a really good job you might find a market for that skill.

I have been in that market - I worked construction for 6 years - I don't want to go back

dont worry little buddy.:nah: so long as ur tall enough to see over it u'll be fine!:rotflm:

Thing is bro - I am shrinking more the older I get - I use to be 5'9" now I am 5'71/2" sinch I have 3 vertabraes fused together

I miss my mess.. :cry_smile Enjoy your messes... want mine back:dontknow:

Hope u get it back soon

ok, you win. You win. Your shop is messier than mine. What is with the crutches in the left foreground. Are they required to get around in the shop?
James

Those belong to my son Sir Gracenot - he is forever getting hurt on the football field

sushinutnc

New User
Mike

I have decided that there is a law, written or unwritten, that applies to woodworking shops. (EXCEPT Alan in Little Washington!!:nah:) that ANY horizontal surface WILL gather "stuff!"
I have been investigating this Law myself. I suppose the first thing in understanding you have a problem is admitting you have a problem. (BTW--- I actually CLEANED my workbench down to a bare surface... nothing.... nada... on there... during some warm spell in February.)
workbench7.jpg

PChristy

New User
Phillip

I have been investigating this Law myself. I suppose the first thing in understanding you have a problem is admitting you have a problem. (BTW--- I actually CLEANED my workbench down to a bare surface... nothing.... nada... on there... during some warm spell in February.)
workbench7.jpg

Hey Mike I bet you where in the Boy Scouts weren't you - you use whatever you have to get the job done - I like your props for your drying - I have some of those also:gar-Bi

sushinutnc

New User
Mike

Hey Mike I bet you where in the Boy Scouts weren't you - you use whatever you have to get the job done - I like your props for your drying - I have some of those also:gar-Bi
I confess I was the most highly decorated Cub Scout in my Pack. I looked like a 10 year old banana republic dictator/general with all those ribbons and medals all over the uniform. I only made it through 2 meetings of Boy Scouts however. :dontknow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS