Two Completed Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
I haven't used the lathe much since Christmas because of a couple of flatwood projects.

First project was two benches a neighbor hired me to make to use with an old farm table. He provided the wood that came from an old tobacco barn on the farm where he was raised. I hung tobacco in that barn several times when I helped his family in my teenage days.

The benches are 92" long and 16 1/2" high with no bracing except the stringers you see underneath the top. With two people sitting in the middle of the bench there was no sag. Lots of TBIII glue, #20 biscuits and only eight screws were used per bench.
DSC08079.JPG

Second project was a playhouse for my two grandsons. The cypress came from Ivey's sawmill. I built it in the shop and then took it apart and moved it onsite for assembly.

DSC08092.JPG

DSC08095.JPG

Completed.

DSC08100.JPG

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Nice work there, Dolan!!:cool::cool:

That prebuilt treehouse is quite ingenious!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Bet it went up on site pretty quick.

Can't say I have seen benches that long. Must be pretty heavy and stable!

Wayne

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Dolan,

The projects look great, but, Where's the sawdust!! :gar-La; :gar-La;

Your shop is way too clean.

The play house is a very cool gift. Man, they're gonna love Grandpa for the cool pad. :cool:

Chuck

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Dolan,

The projects look great, but, Where's the sawdust!! :gar-La; :gar-La;

Your shop is way too clean.

The play house is a very cool gift. Man, they're gonna love Grandpa for the cool pad. :cool:

Chuck

Chuck,

The sawdust is spread around several trees in the yard. I took out 3-4 DC bags of very fluffy cypress savings on this project.:gar-Bi

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Nice work in both projects.

Just something to think about. A friend of mine had a little play house like that with an open window in one side and a barn owl took of residence in it. You might want to screw a piece of plexiglass on the inside of the little window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS