Two 20# Propance CylindersFfilled $25

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
F&G Distributing on Loop Rd in Garner fills propane cylinders. For 20# cylinders, it's $14 for the first and $25 for two. Price includes tax. This is a full fill up, not a 3/4 fill (15#) like Blue Rhino cylinders from HD / Lowes, which with sales tax added comes out to about $20 per three quarter filled cylinders.

steviegwood

New User
Steven
That is an excellent price. It cost close to $20 around here for a 20# fill up. I have a 40# cylinder that has been kept inside since the day of purchase, still looks brand new, been filled a total of three times and now they will not fill it due to its age. They say I would need a new fill valve even if the age were okay. How do they get by with this when the fill valve is the same as my 100# tanks for my range and those tanks a lot of times are older than my 40# from the date that is stamped on them. Some of the 100# tanks that get delivered to people do not even look safe. Just venting. Steve

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Any tank smaller than 40# has to have an OFP valve, except ones mounted permanently. Even fork lift tanks have to have valve. Your dealer should be able to swap out valve.

richlife

New User
Rich
Sounds like some really good deals over to the southeast of Raleigh. Here in Pittsboro, 20# FILL costs about $18 w/ tax.

There is NO "law" that says propane tanks cannot be filled more than 3/4. Anyone who says that is running a con. The tanks were actually designed for 19.2# and should be filled that much. Rhino etc. are ripping everyone off with more than $20 per 15# (stated right on their signs). Getting tanks filled is a little more effort, but it's like getting a free fill (20#) for every 4 tanks.

I grill a lot and use at least a 20# tank each month -- I'll give the little extra distance travelled and the slight amount of time to do the fill and accept 4 months of "free" grilling, thank you. (A 15# 3/4 fill won't last me a month.)

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS